• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Too much smoke/fire for me. We're definitely interested in him, but we're going to do the classic Jeff tactic of chase him throughout the window and then we'll do a token loan offer for someone like Harry Winks on the final day of the window when they finally accept defeat with Nunes & we'll end up with the same three midfielders that we had for the whole of last season.
My opinion is I think we were interested in him when they thought there was Neves money at the start of the window in the same way they were interested in Palhinha as his replacement. Without that money then I don't think there there has been an official bid and won't be whilst it (or something similar from another sale) doesn't exist.

I don’t believe we are in for him and don’t believe we ever seriously were
i would agree, i think we're a stalking horse but i haven't seen much in the way of whatever the term is for things which stalking horses reveal.

Spiers is back on Wolves duty for now as Boris Madeley has gone on holiday.

Seems he spent his time away from the frontline watching 90s Partridge videos and copying that style. Note for you Timothy, Alan Partridge is a joke character.
There are several comments in response about how great that analogy is...

There are several comments in response about how great that analogy is...
Shakin' Stevens was the biggest selling musical artist in the UK in the 1980s. You can't trust people.

The general point is a fair one, Guedes can't be it as far as attacking signings go if he can't play up front properly (Saturday was inconclusive, he didn't play very well but no-one did in the second half and our tactics [such as they are] had gone to pot). It's just all very "My show is your bell, please peal it. Peal my bell".

Pedro Sepulveda saying similar to Andrade re Nunes.

I'd still be stunned if he decides to join us.

I think if Mendes +/- Sporting want paying and Man City/Liverpool aren’t interested then Jorge will make it happen.

I can see the logic in it from our point of view - we can offer him PL football and put a release clause in so if he performs well he’ll get his move to a CL club and we get a profit.

Seems like he just wants the big move straight away though.

Ultimately if the player doesn't want to come, everyone involved is irrelevant.
Yep - and if DW’s right and the release clause is £51m - I just can’t see us spending that on a midfielder in a million years.

Especially if we keep Neves, which is looking increasingly likely.

Yep - and if DW’s right and the release clause is £51m - I just can’t see us spending that on a midfielder in a million years.

Especially if we keep Neves, which is looking increasingly likely.

I'd be astonished if we signed Collins, Guedes and Nunes with no major outgoings

I'd be astonished if we signed Collins, Guedes and Nunes with no major outgoings
I agree with you - but we shouldn’t actually need to.

Can’t see MGW going now (especially if Forest have watched the last two games) and now Neves is captain it’s even less likely he’ll go.

So, will Wolves stump up £50m without letting anyone go?

Nunes would be far and away our biggest ever signing if we got him, that’s for definite.

It is a bit quiet on the outgoings front. Cutrone and Leo are still here, as is Adama. We appear to want a king's ransom for MGW.

Isn't it Matt Jackson's job to get players shifted that we don't want, or am I misremembering?

Back