• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Neither of those '1v1s' you'd expect someone to score, both really narrow angles. I mentioned MGW and we didn't create the other one.

Ah fair enough. I did with Neto tbh, less so with Hwang ha. If we're looking for chances as clear cut as MGW's not sure there'll be many per game

Ah fair enough. I did with Neto tbh, less so with Hwang ha. If we're looking for chances as clear cut as MGW's not sure there'll be many per game
Neto was offside anyway. Hence us only having 1 shot on target in the match stats.

I haven't been this excited since we signed Real Madrid and AC Milan stars Vallejo and Cutrone!
I was excited when we signed Freddy Eastwood once upon a time so imagine how im feeling currently.

Underwhelmed …. 😉

You don't expect any of them to score because being wasteful is what we do. If you ignore the players involved you'd expect to score 1 of the 2 one on ones, the Neto chance which he needed to hit first time, the subsequent Podence follow up and the MGW clear chance. For the Neto one on one it also looked to me that Dendoncker was ball watching otherwise he would have had a tap in on the rebound, but I've not seen it back.

Reactions: b3h
I must be in some parallel universe where we create loads of chances and are missing multiple sitters per game. The reason we don't score is because we create so few real chances, we have probably created 2 you'd expect someone to score in 2 games so far (donk 1v1 miss and MGW miss.)
Good point, yes we appear to lack a goalscorer but if you put anyone in our team up top they would struggle to score 10-15 goals plus

Should we get Ramos in and Fabio kicks on from a stellar (hopefully!) loan at Anderlecht that is post-Raul forward options that will last a decade.

Proper future-proofing.
All part of the plan. Never in doubt

For the Neto one on one it also looked to me that Dendoncker was ball watching otherwise he would have had a tap in on the rebound, but I've not seen it back.

Donk actually seemed to take the rebounded ball further away from goal than one of their defenders would have...

Anyway, I can't believe that we might have a better player than Neves.

Such a thing does not compute in my mind at all.

Should we get Ramos in and Fabio kicks on from a stellar (hopefully!) loan at Anderlecht that is post-Raul forward options that will last a decade.

Proper future-proofing.
Agreed. Seems we had a plan when it didn't seem apparent from the outside!

I don't know a lot about Nunes, never seen him play, given the reaction on here and in the press it's clearly quite a coup.

Would be interested to know what attributes he has that could work well for us (other than the fact he is an ACTUAL MIDFIELDER), and why he is so highly rated?

I don't know a lot about Nunes, never seen him play, given the reaction on here and in the press it's clearly quite a coup.

Would be interested to know what attributes he has that could work well for us (other than the fact he is an ACTUAL MIDFIELDER), and why he is so highly rated?

Nunes is usually deployed in double pivot in 3–4–3 formation, operating as a number 8 looking to get forward and contribute to the attack and also has a good passing range, as he can make different types of passes whether he is looking to switch the play or try and break lines with penetrative passes or passes that split the opposition backline, which he is highly effective. He also has the ability to carry the ball and make progressive runs, using a combination of speed and strength to make these runs, while also displaying good technique on the ball. Nunes also posses a good anticipation and reading of the game, which allows him to make effective interceptions and challenges

He looks very similar to Neves but can also dribble and drive forwards.

Tenacious, able to twist and turn his way out of pressure, can drive forward and go past players, links with the attackers, has good long passing, and scores a reasonable amount too with the odd wonder strike in there.

He looks very similar to Neves but can also dribble and drive forwards.

Tenacious, able to twist and turn his way out of pressure, can drive forward and go past players, links with the attackers, has good long passing, and scores a reasonable amount too with the odd wonder strike in there.
The player we've all be asking for in midfield for 2 years you mean?

I think the biggest difference he'll make will be in how successful we are at beating a press, he's so good at dribbling away from pressure and that will make a massive difference to the pace in which we can attack

Back