• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

de Wolf pre-injury was magnificent - very small sample size I know

de Wolf pre-injury was magnificent - very small sample size I know
Spat my coffee out there. He had the turning circle of a north sea oil tanker and was as slow as an asthmatic ant carrying a bag of heavy shopping.

Dean Richards definitely gets compared against the other centre-halves of his time - and to be fair, he was massively better than most of them. I mean, look at this lot who played at centre-half for us at the same time as Richards and compare:

* Paul Blades
* John de Wolf post-injury
* Eric Young
* Mark Atkins
* Neil Emblen (who was far better in midfield)
* Adrian Williams
* Simon Coleman
* Steve Sedgley

But then that's like comparing Ruben Neves to Simon Osborn because Osborn was miles better than Corica.
Played with Curle too.

Keith Curle was absolutely miles better for Wolves than Dean Richards was.

1 Lescott
2 Boly
3 Kilman
4 Coady
5 Ludo
6 Saïss
7 Richards
8 Bennett
9 Craddock
10 Curle

In my lifetime.

I
The annoying thing is Hwang's not even going to play any more and is 3rd choice in every forward position. Boggles the mind.

We'll be looking to offload him in January, probably for half what we could have got for him from Leeds.
Said this elsewhere but feel this will be the new "When Bristol inexplicable offered 5 million for Joe Mason"

1 Lescott
2 Boly
3 Kilman
4 Coady
5 Ludo
6 Saïss
7 Richards
8 Bennett
9 Craddock
10 Curle

In my lifetime.
The order of the list changes if it's "best", "most important", "most loved" etc. Richards drops further down on my list than yours for leaving as he did. Lescott is higher on my lists than I think his ability warrants for the way he left as well.

Kilman will be number one pretty soon on most lists.

Let's not pretend for most of them it's scoring against the Albion they remember and not much else.

Lescott
Boly
Coady
Curle
Kilman
Saiss
Pollet
Venus
Shirtliff (pre-injury)
Bennett

For me.

All did more for Wolves than Dean Richards. You can talk about 'natural ability' all you like but Jamie O'Hara was a better footballer than Karl Henry, I know which one was better for Wolves.

Back