• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

The point being the player signed a pre contract but he didnt tell his club who then offered him to Arsenal. There is no case against Arsenal and they are the ones with the money.

Saw Nunes linked with Newcastle so that’s the end of our interest if there was any I reckon

The point being the player signed a pre contract but he didnt tell his club who then offered him to Arsenal. There is no case against Arsenal and they are the ones with the money.

But clearly the contract wasn't worth a piss, otherwise he'd have not been allowed to

How have we apparently got an agreement signed with a player to join on a free and yet Arsenal have paid £3.5m?

How have we apparently got an agreement signed with a player to join on a free and yet Arsenal have paid £3.5m?
A pre-contract was signed with us but his club sold him for cash to Arsenal before that contract ended. The player wasn't going to kick up a fuss as he's going to a bigger club and probably on terms far better than he would have been with us.

Angers SCO raided by French Police over financial irregularities. Hopefully the Aït-Nouri transfer isn't part of it.

A pre-contract was signed with us but his club sold him for cash to Arsenal before that contract ended. The player wasn't going to kick up a fuss as he's going to a bigger club and probably on terms far better than he would have been with us.
So either our contract wasn't legally binding until the day his contract ended or we have other players at that club/country we are interested in and thinking a long legal battle including FIFA etc is not worth the hassle if it has an effect on future business.

I will go with the legally binding bit and a loophole was found by the selling club. I know its fashionable to have a pop at the club right now but not jumping on this one as I have zero clue on legal shit like this.

At least this is a straight forward missed out rather than get told to pay a fee for a player we will never see in a Wolves shirt. Been there, done that.

Forget any legalese, losing a player you thought you'd already signed is incompetent. It's your job to make sure that doesn't happen. Leaking that you'll be taking legal action and then having to walk that back just compounds it

There shouldn't be a loophole to exploit, otherwise this sort of thing would happen all the time. There are hundreds of free transfers every Summer - this doesn't happen. They obviously thought they were tight, hence the talk of legal action - for that to be taken off the table means there's been a fuck up at worst, or naivety at best.

Forget any legalese, losing a player you thought you'd already signed is incompetent. It's your job to make sure that doesn't happen
No different though to having Scott Dann sat in Molineux waiting to sign his contract that was being prepared and then running away when a better deal come in.

On this one been done by the legal side of it. No clue how watertight pre-contracts are meant to be but from this one and the way we are passing on fighting would suggest a loophole is there.

I look forward to the days when this lad scores and everyone losing their shit about it. End result though, a bigger club came along and he flicked us the V's and fucked off. An ounce of success at Arsenal and those V's will be out again in their direction

The difference is they knew Scott Dann or Steve Sidwell could walk out and go elsewhere. They clearly didn't even know this was possible, ergo incompetent.

Wonder if this is the issue and something under Brazilian Law that buggered us up.

FIFA state 16 year olds cannot sign more than a 3 year deal.

Marquinhos signed a 5 year deal when he was 16. So under FIFA rules, his contract ended this summer - hence pre-contract talks. Sau Paulo still think he has 2 years to go so no pre-contract can be signed and sold him for £3.5m. So looking like we would be caught between FIFA and the Brazilian Laws. Would guess the Brazilian Laws will trump FIFA once they hit the court room.

So huge expense and time for a player that has decided he doesn't want to join us

It’s a pre-contract with the player who is worth fuck all in terms of being suable.

There is no case whatsoever against Arsenal. I suppose you could possibly try and stop the player playing for Arsenal…

If we thought he was that good then we should have paid the £3.5m rather than trying to Jez it and nick players on a technicality. Could have used the money from the last two season ticket hikes to fund most of it. Then if he's shit, we're all genuinely entitled to boo him, we paid for him.

Definitely seems like the fee is the thing that has activated some kind of loophole that I’m guessing his agent found when they knew Arsenal were interested.

Whoever was doing the legal stuff our end probably should have known but could again be something that wasn’t obvious. It’s all conjecture anyway as we don’t actually know but it’s an easy thing to beat the club with when you’re already a bit disillusioned.

If we thought he was that good then we should have paid the £3.5m rather than trying to Jez it and nick players on a technicality.
At the point a fee came in, he didn't want to join us. Yes, we have wasted more than £3.5m on players that really don't want to join us (not mentioning any Cutrone's)

No different though to having Scott Dann sat in Molineux waiting to sign his contract that was being prepared and then running away when a better deal come in.

On this one been done by the legal side of it. No clue how watertight pre-contracts are meant to be but from this one and the way we are passing on fighting would suggest a loophole is there.

I look forward to the days when this lad scores and everyone losing their shit about it. End result though, a bigger club came along and he flicked us the V's and fucked off. An ounce of success at Arsenal and those V's will be out again in their direction
I thought you were talking about Kalacs, but that was just genuine incompetence on our part, as that was paying £250k for a player who could never play for us as he couldn't get a work permit.

Back