• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

343 with them two in midfield will be an absolute goalfest I’m sure..!
I was assuming 4231. I don’t think it would be the end of the world but given our likely transfer spend it’s IMO as good as it will get.

They aren’t beating us to his signature for many reasons but mainly his agent, his nationality and his club.
Don't overlook the fact that Jorge Mendes is close with Marco Silva, Fulham's entire coaching staff is now Portuguese and Marco Silva coached at Sporting and promoted Palhinha from Academy to training with the first team.

Question. Do we need the Neves money more than Neves assuming the squad remains broadly unchanged if he stays? Unfortunately I think we do.
I think that’s the sad thing. If we really don’t have any kind of budget without player sales the money for neves, Traore and possible Gibbs-white is what allows us to sign a centre back, midfielder and attacker

I think it depends on whether we can move some of the fringe players off too, that income could soon add up, but I guess they're naturally going to be the kind of profile that will go later in the window

Yeah I suppose anything we can get for Cutrone, Hoever, Sanderson, Ronan, Dadashov, Jordao will help too. Are Miami likely to purchase Campana too, he seems to be doing alright?

I think it depends on whether we can move some of the fringe players off too, that income could soon add up, but I guess they're naturally going to be the kind of profile that will go later in the window
Agreed the £2-£5ms can add up, but it's a sad state of affairs if we genuinely have to wait for that to be realised before spending it. Neves seems to be a number of teams fall back option and with our very public need for cash it puts us in a weak negotiating position if we HAVE to move him on. Unfortunately I still see Barca with makeweight players as the most likely option. I'd rather keep him in that I eventuality I think

May be an incredibly naive question, but why doesn't the massive influx of PL TV money for the new season affect this?

Why do we have to wait to sell before we can buy, and 'spend only what we generate' when we have that huge wedge coming our way?

Surely it's not all getting swallowed by wages/overheads?

Two pages out of a tweet by Bruno Andrade who is a complete bollocks merchant? Really?

Any sensible owners would get it done now to stop Fulham hijacking it. We won’t.

May be an incredibly naive question, but why doesn't the massive influx of PL TV money for the new season affect this?

Why do we have to wait to sell before we can buy, and 'spend only what we generate' when we have that huge wedge coming our way?

Surely it's not all getting swallowed by wages/overheads?
I haven't been keeping up with where our borrowing with Macquarie is but that has been getting leveraged against future TV income. I'm not 100% certain whether that includes this season but it might do.

To an extent I understood it while the pandemic was on, of course there would have been cashflow issues with no gate receipts etc. But that time has passed...something about it doesn't stack up.

Paddy makes a good point. Maybe we should have a thread to talk about transfer speculation

Shall I see if twitter will come up with a "paddy approved" verification?

Back