• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 1-2 Crying Game Verdict thread

Norman Deeley

Dean Saunders's Press Officer
Reaction score
Let's take some positives. Thought Whatsit-Croggley and their lad from Arsenal were good. Happy to sigh them for next year

NO positives from that display, absolutely shameful..I hope we get rid of Lambert and switch many players around for new ones and start playing football for a change..thats all..

Price, Stearman, Costa and Dicko were fine, the rest were beyond awful. Coady, Weimann, ikeme, Doherty and Edwards are awful footballers, we're never going to progress whilst they're in the team.

And as for lambert - awful starting lineup, awful tactics, awful game management and apparently forgot he could make more than one sub. He seriously needs to get his arse in gear quickly because that was pathetic.

Only positive is dicko scoring. The rest was absolutely shite, worst of all was Lambert's team choice and 'tactics'. Fucking laughable. If Lambert genuinely picked that team then I'm really worried.

Shite. First half is the worst I've seen us for a long time and whilst the 2nd half was better, it still wasn't good enough and we'd already surrendered the points due to our abject lack of effort and ideas in the first half.

Terrible - I can't understand why we look so different to the cup games. A large crowd against a local rival and they weren't up for it and that's not acceptable.

Also, really great to hear the guy behind us constantly shouting racist abuse at Blues players. Stay classy, fuckhead.

Shame as the pre match catch up with forum-ites was great!

Is Lambert genuinely watching the same games?

Didn't deserve to lose, and possibly deserved to win?????

We've been playing well recently, and are unlucky????

Fucking deluded.

7 of the starting 11 took us down to league one...

Agree on that..Dicko scoring was the only positive..we must create more 11-10 at home desperate for pts and wins..just dont get it, and Lambert is my main fault

Is Lambert genuinely watching the same games?

Didn't deserve to lose, and possibly deserved to win?????

We've been playing well recently, and are unlucky????

Fucking deluded.

Really he said that??

He is like Saunders with another head..he can fucking go if he doesnt know football

February 2017. Played 5 won 0 drawn 0 lost 5 including defeats to Wigan Burton and Birmingham. Wretched

I don't buy into the Thelwell picks the team theory, but again we've picked a duff manager. He continues to pick players who can't pass, or beat a player, instigates a hoofball policy, picks a midfield with zero creativity week in week out and who's substitutions are pitiful. Why keep Coady on the pitch when we had all the possession in the second half? Why not take off Price and put Bright behind the forwards after we pulled the goal back?

I can see us going down, we create next to nothing and concede stupid goals.

Peter Beagrie also saying that Doherty was our best player, especially going forward :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Doherty had some nice shots blocked and a decent cross first half...I guess better than the rest of the team created

I can't understand why we look so different to the cup games

Because teams don't sit back and put the onus on us to dictate play. It's still a red herring though as we created little against Chelsea it just gave the illusion that we were in the game.

Because teams don't sit back and put the onus on us to dictate play. It's still a red herring though as we created little against Chelsea it just gave the illusion that we were in the game.

aye

7 of the starting 11 took us down to league one...
6 were Wolves players then and only 2 were really regulars Ikeme and Edwards. None of the others were regular starters and Stearman was at Ipswich wasn't he?

..and without Edwards I think we would be in the bottom three sadly

6 were Wolves players then and only 2 were really regulars Ikeme and Edwards. None of the others were regular starters and Stearman was at Ipswich wasn't he?

Your probably right but don't let facts obscure my point that we have players that are used to relegation....(btw I think your right on only 2 being regular starters that season)

If we keep Edwards (and co) in the team that is where we are heading for.

For too long now running and 'graft' have been prioritised over intelligence and ability. It is a deeply embedded issue at Wolves and successive managers have fallen into this trap, sooner or later. Until that is changed we are going nowhere

Back