• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 12 Days of Christmas Tat: A Festive Blog Series

So if we were to rank the rank from 1 to 12 (1 being the least objectionable piece of tat and 12 being something you'd buy from the Brum Christmas Market in Albion colours for an in law you loathe) how would we score them?

Kudos to the author on choosing 12 genuinely appalling signings! It's been a great read.

As for RoJo, I was at the Blackburn game for his debut and thought he was brilliant. He won everything in the air and looked to be exactly what we needed. I don't know how it went so wrong so quickly!

Yes well done DW. Enjoyed it. You've got 'that' book in you I reckon!

Rojo is definitely the worst. I would probably put O'Hara second.
Yeah I think Johnson was the most excited I've ever been about a Wolves signing. Amazing just how badly it turned out.

I'd put Frankowski 2nd though.

Having looked at those that didn't make the cut, must have been difficult for Dan to know who to leave out - there was more than enough for a full Advent Calendar of Tat!

A well written, much appreciated mini-series. I think that for the sequel you should challenge yourself and come up with the 12 best buys.

There'll be a lot of pressure from the old timers clamouring for the likes of Frank Munro,Mike Bailey, Derek Dougan and Derek Parkin. I guess you would be hard pressed not to name S.G.Bull as your number one pick.

Like the idea of the 12 best buys, doesn't matter what era as it would be DW's pick and so relevant to him, nothing to stop others coming up with their own version

How about "Myths, Moments and Muck-Ups". A series of highs, lows and also busting myths. You can delve into each and wrote about the circumstances of each.

Like, Robbie Keane's sell on clause, staying up at Blues' expense, relegation under Saunders. And so on.

That sounds like a good idea. Could be a monthly blog I reckon!

I think maybe "12 worst away days". Away games at shit teams where we've been turned over or robbed in some way preferably in the cold and rain

Liverpool away in 03/04. Injury time Hyypia header. Ugh. Absolutely gutting.

Enjoyed reading those through deutsch (I'm a bit late to the party) - though amazed Greg halford didn't make it in the top 12!

Outstanding work. This needs to become a Christmas tradition. Especially liked the one on Fatty Ferguson, but every one had plenty I could relate to.

It's becoming more and more obvious that Caveleiro and Costa are on a different planet to the rest.

Thanks for the comments again guys - there will be future series (plural), just not sure when and probably not 12 in 12 days again!

Back to normal with the match previews in January.

Back