• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 12 Days of Christmas Tat: A Festive Blog Series

I like how much earlier in the day this one is.

It's like it was written in advance.... :icon_lol:

I agree with LANGERS. It's much better getting this earlier in the day!

Possibly one of the most deserving in the series, aside from Taylor, most of the others were signed with at least a degree of optimism!

Oh, I wonder who day 12 could be...

_80742669_rog.jpg

Best one yet Dan, love it!

Nah, he's a cock but as he did OK on field for us and we doubled our money, he doesn't qualify.

His time will come...

I like how much earlier in the day this one is.

It's like it was written in advance.... :icon_lol:
It's earlier because I'm out this afternoon 😂

Although some of it *could* have been written ten years ago...

DW - How close was Michael Branch to making the list? He was another I thought could go close. Decent on loan, then awful when we signed him.

Branch was fine until he lost his head v Forest.

Had some ok games in 00/01 too - applauded off the pitch by the home fans at Oakwell and did alright out wide when DJ put him there. Disappointing that he didn't live up to his loan spell but not in this league IMO.

To be fair to Branch, Beasant had completely lost it and was quite scary.

Michael Branch reminds me of somebody, and I can't think who............

:whistle:

To be fair to Branch, Beasant had completely lost it and was quite scary.

Michael Branch reminds me of somebody, and I can't think who............

:whistle:
He should still have that Avatar!

Steve Corica should be in here really, he was absolutely dogshit. £1.75m, 5 goals in over 100 appearances and a complete season lost to a bost knee (although that was a bonus).

At Cov away in 2005 I said to my mate that Leon was the closest I'd seen at Wolves to a young Bully. Raw, strong, pain in the arse...surprisingly he brings that up regularly, but in his first 6 months or so he did genuinely look like he could be something. Bringing him back was ridiculous, Deutsch mentioned in yesterday's blog that it's rare fans know a signing is doomed to failure, well this was another one.

Tomorrow's however was a sign of our club kicking on to the next level....

Steve Corica should be in here really, he was absolutely dog$#@!. £1.75m, 5 goals in over 100 appearances and a complete season lost to a bost knee (although that was a bonus).

The most frustrating thing about Corica was that there was some genuine talent under there somewhere but it very rarely shone through

At Cov away in 2005 I said to my mate that Leon was the closest I'd seen at Wolves to a young Bully. Raw, strong, pain in the arse...surprisingly he brings that up regularly, .

We all make mistakes. Dan said Doherty was like Foley (the player of the season version) and impressive when he first saw him

By the sounds of it DW, you struggled to keep this list down to 12...

Back