• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 12 Days of Christmas Tat: A Festive Blog Series

I'd like to see the 12 most overrated. This is a really enjoyable read, but we can all pretty much agree on tat wise, even if the individual wouldn't be in your personal Top / Bottom 12. Overrated would get some real discussion going for instance Deutsch is just wrong on Paul Cook😉. I never got what people saw in Simon Osborn personally, when the going got tough he consistently hid, but others loved him.

just caught up from fatty ferguson, a well deserved character assassination there. o'hara had to be in there. not that surprised at Daley - it was a chunk of money and a chunk of disappointment, even if, admittedly it was only adding to the massive pot of disappointment that we were forced to feed from at the time. five star stuff.

I more or less gave that one away in the JOH article ;)

With only three others to go, it's not that hard to guess them now. But it's details, you want to read the details.
More or less gave it away? It was fairly explicit wasn't it?

O’Hara was one of only two permanent signings made that summer (and there’ll be more on the other one later in the series, unsurprisingly enough).

Top quality piece as usual. Maierhofer really was terrible, wasn't he?

Good old Stefan. Part of a Stoke-esque masterplan somebody at the club came up with where we would narrow the pitch, sign someone with a long throw (our old friend Mr Halford) and get some big lump to get on the end of the throw ins. It worked really well.

In his defence....no can't think of anything :)

Oh yes he was supposed to be a decent cook !

The only person I have seen on a football pitch whose head seemed nearer to the ground when he jumped than it would have been if he had just stood there

Plus at a cost transferwise of £10000 per minute played (& thats without factoring his wages in) has to one of the most costly signings made.

Maybe being so tall he never had to jump as a kid, so never learned how?

Nothing that interesting really. First the pundit guy states that Austria really missed Marc Janko and Maierhofer isn't really up to the mark as a replacement at all, then it's interspersed with the Austrian players admitting they were awful, especially in the final third and Stefan bigging himself up a bit in a separate interview.

Last edited:
That video is amazing :icon_lol:

Back