• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cheltenham Festival, Champion Tipster Competition

darlowolf64

Supply Teacher & 2020/21 PTG Intertoto Cup winner
Reaction score
It's that time of year again where we all show why we work for a living and aren't professional gamblers!

This year I'm going to be REALLY free and reckless with your imaginary money.

Every race, including the non televised races, you will have a £20 stake. This can be used in the following ways..
1) £20 win
2) £10 each way
3) A £10 win and a £5 each way bet or
4) Two £5 each way bets

A maximum of two horses per race, non runners refunds your stake and the winner will be the tipster with the highest returned winnings (inc stake) or the person who loses the least!
Let's get it on, guys.

This is open to ALL forum members and is just a bit of fun to give you the bragging rights for another twelve months. There will be a competition for the Aintree Festival too but this is the biggie.

13.30 - £10 win Douvan, £5 each way Jollyallan
14.05 - £20 win Un De Sceaux
14.40 - £10 each way Ned Stark
15.20 - £20 win Faugheen
16.00 - £20 win Annie Power
16.40 - £10 win Very Wood; £5 each way Doing Fine
17.15 - £20 win Thomas Crapper

13.30 - £10 win Douvan, £5 e/w Jollyallan
14.05 - £10 win Vibrato Valtat £5 e/w Josses Hill
14.40 - £10 e/w Ned Stark
15.20 - £20 win Faugheen
16.00 - £20 win Annie Power
16.40 - £5 e/w Cogry; £5 e/w Vivaldi Collonges
17.15 - £10 e/w Irish Cavalier

1.30 - Seedling £5 e/w, Qewy £5 e/w

2.05 - Clarcam £5 e/w, Three Kingdoms £5 e/w

2.40 - Gevrey Chambertin £10 e/w

3.20 - The New One £20 win

4.00 - Polly Peachum £10 e/w

4.40 - Cogry £5 e/w, Broadway Buffalo £5 e/w

5.15 - Thomas Crapper £5 e/w, Keltus £5 e/w

Is that what you'd do with real money, Murph?

New One has now thrown me as I was going to put my house on Faugheen. Damn you.

1-30. Douvan £10 win. L'Ami Serge £5 ew.

2-05. Court Minstrel £5 ew Josses Hill £5 ew.

2-40 Ned Stark £5 ew. Azure Fly £5 ew.

3-20 Faugheen £10 win. The New One £5 ew.

4-00 Annie Power £10 win. Bitofapuzzle £5 ew.

4-40 Cogry £5 ew. Sego Success £5 ew.

5-15. Golden Hoof £5 ew. Dromnea £5 ew.

Is that what you'd do with real money, Murph?

New One has now thrown me as I was going to put my house on Faugheen. Damn you.

Every horse I put up on here will carry my real money. Faugheen has to prove it tomorrow, maybe he will, but The New One would have won last year apart from Our Conor falling in front of him. He is such a brave horse and just the sort that wins the Champion Hurdle.

Every horse I put up on here will carry my real money. Faugheen has to prove it tomorrow, maybe he will, but The New One would have won last year apart from Our Conor falling in front of him. He is such a brave horse and just the sort that wins the Champion Hurdle.

Cheers.

The New One would have won last year myth will be dispelled tomorrow. Faugheen will murder him.

The New One would have won last year myth will be dispelled tomorrow. Faugheen will murder him.

Faugheen didn't run in the race last year so your comment is irrelevant, we shall see tomorrow.

1.30 £10 E/W Qewy

2.05 £10 E/W Vibrato Valtat

2.40 £10 E/W Black Thunder

3.20 £20 Faugheen

4.00 £20 Annie Power

4.40 £20 Cause of Causes

5.15 £10 E/W Cold March

Have I got time to bother doing this again, having done it last year without any fecking idea of what was going on - though think I almost made a 'notional' profit.

Maybe I will - if only to see if I can embarrass some of the 'professional' tipsters on here :)

Faugheen didn't run in the race last year so your comment is irrelevant, we shall see tomorrow.

No it isn't. TNO was impeded a long, long way from home. If it happened at 3 out then I could see the argument. Instead, he was back on terms 3 out before being gubbed for pace.

Faugheen not being in that race doesn't matter one jot.

No it isn't. TNO was impeded a long, long way from home. If it happened at 3 out then I could see the argument. Instead, he was back on terms 3 out before being gubbed for pace.

Faugheen not being in that race doesn't matter one jot.

If Faugheen had been in the race last year I could see where you were coming from. Racing is all about opinions, we shall see tomorrow, one of them could come down at the first then we'll never know. Chill out and enjoy the race

If Faugheen had been in the race last year I could see where you were coming from. Racing is all about opinions, we shall see tomorrow, one of them could come down at the first then we'll never know. Chill out and enjoy the race

Sorry, didn't mean to come over quite so aggressively! I'm probably exaggerating when I say he'll murder him...but we'll see.First and foremost, lets hope that none of the runners suffer the misfortune of Our Conor.

Indeed, and I wish you luck, take the 5's on offer with Hills at the moment and I'll be on here to congratulate both you and Slink if he does the business.

I am up against professionals here. This could go badly wrong...

Shouldn't worry Frank - you & I can have our own competition & if we can embarrass one or two of them then all well and good. Happy though that its not real money!

Back