• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

Who replaces him? He’s not really an opening batsman anyway and we don’t seem to have any coming through, Rob Yates is worth a look according to my mate but I don’t watch a lot of county games.
Yates is having a poor season. Moved from opener to number 3 and it's not working - averaging under 13

Yates is having a poor season. Moved from opener to number 3 and it's not working

Would you think he could potentially step up as an opener? We are desperately poor, can’t remember us having a decent opening partnership for ages.

Would you think he could potentially step up as an opener? We are desperately poor, can’t remember us having a decent opening partnership for ages.
He did better than Lees for the Lions in Australia. I wouldn't pick him now though, putting someone in the side whilst in poor form is setting them up to fail. He's gone back to opening in T20 so hopefully he gets to to that against Northamptonshire in the Championship this week, but probably unlikely

Haines and Compton (I assume he is England qualified) are the only two viable candidates realistically.

Yates is having a poor season. Moved from opener to number 3 and it's not working - averaging under 13

Consistent then as he averaged 13 playing against my clubs second team.

Bringing in Alex Davies from Lancashire and breaking up the relatively successful partnership of last season doesn't look a wise move, regardless of Davies finally getting a score in the last game.

Consistent then as he averaged 13 playing against my clubs second team.

Bringing in Alex Davies from Lancashire and breaking up the relatively successful partnership of last season doesn't look a wise move, regardless of Davies finally getting a score in the last game.
Davies was signed principally for the T20 side, but is being picked for the 4 day game when we needed neither an opener nor keeper. Strange signing

Davies was signed principally for the T20 side, but is being picked for the 4 day game when we needed neither an opener nor keeper. Strange signing
I thought he'd keep in the Championship as Burgess hadn't looked up to much on a consistent basis. But no.

To make the whole roundabout even stranger, Lancs replaced him with Salt who had previously never kept in red ball cricket.

This is a lovely partnership. Very useful runs. Overton knows which end of a bat is which.

Great knock from Overton. Bairstow has more lives than a cat enall.

Back