• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

The after match interviews would suggest there's no chance Crawley is being dropped for the India Test

If Foakes isn't fit/well enough to play, Brook to come in and Bairstow to keep, or Billings as a straight swap?

I'd go with the former but I can see why they wouldn't want to mess with Bairstow with how he's currently playing.

Grateful for the fact Mrs jelly has no shifts for the next week. She works next door & they have loads of roadworks & road closures around the stadium at the moment. If anyone is going, make sure you get there early as its a right mare!

As it’s a one off game I’d love Brook to get a go even though Bairstow keeping isn’t ideal

It should though as Billings has no real future as a Test player (and for that matter, doesn't even keep that often for Kent) whereas Brook does. But I get it if we don't go that way.

Of course nothing happens if Foakes is available.

Ed Barnard from Worcester to Warwicks. Sibley back to Surrey, bringing the dream team of him and Burns back together, which at County level will be a lot stronger than it was at Test

Anderson and Billings for Foakes and Overton. Back to the long tail

Billings can bat just as Foakes can. Anderson, Broad, Leach and Potts is a longer tail than when Overton was in it.

Buttler new England white ball captain.

Having a bowl after winning the toss. I think that is probably the right decision as it will move around a bit first hour at least.

India will be out of practice as well with just that weird game vs Leicestershire/themselves last week

Gil gone 17

27-1

poor shot, good catch Crawley

Back