• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

I know Foakes wasn’t great with the gloves in the winter but I can’t be watching the likes of Bairstow and Buttler behind the stumps just because they’re better batsmen.

Agree on bowlers though, it’s not their job to get runs, pick the best bowlers and if the batsmen fuck up that’s on them. I can’t imagine the amount of runs Overton will get will outweigh the better bowling from Broad

It is a real shame as a day out at Lords is excellent. That price is nothing short of insane.

ODI squad vs Netherlands:

Eoin Morgan (Middlesex), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Jos Buttler (Lancashire), Brydon Carse (Durham), Sam Curran (Surrey), Liam Livingstone (Lancashire), Dawid Malan (Yorkshire), David Payne (Gloucestershire), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Jason Roy (Surrey), Phil Salt (Lancashire), Reece Topley (Surrey), David Willey (Yorkshire), Luke Wood (Lancashire).

Don't get Payne being selected, we must have better prospects than an uncapped 31 year old. Also there are FOUR other left arm seamers in the squad!

Still no room for Sam Hain. It's weird, we've named six batsmen plus Mo, no back up at all. Banton, Hain, Clarke (whatever you think of him), Billings, Vince, Duckett, Bracey, all nowhere.

Last edited:
FUJulb2XwAEjKj6

20/3 incoming.

Mistake to not play Brook given his form. Happy to see Potts rather than Overton

Brook surely had to play. I get that the top three is relatively inexperienced and adding Brook would not change that but with Root at four and Stokes at six, surely Brook plays instead of Bairstow if he's not keeping.
I like a proper keeper and normally Foakes is considerably ahead of Bairstow [not seen Foakes so far this summer] but I don't think the drop off to Bairstow's glove work is that big a deal IF we really wanted Bairstow in at seven. Foakes is getting runs this summer so I think Bairstow got the number five gig ahead of Brook on experience alone. Trick missed.

Zac Crawley is the luckiest though and I'd sooner have a leggie that turns it than Leach. Root can bowl the same number of overs as Leach will.

Anderson takes a wicket in his 2nd over, he looks a decent prospect back in the side

Great catch from Bairstow

Young gone 1

c Bairstow b Anderson

1-1

Mustn't do the Will Young leave right now joke

Another for Jimmy, Bairstow takes it at the second attempt

2-2

Anderson takes a wicket in his 2nd over, he looks a decent prospect back in the side

Great catch from Bairstow
Nah feck him off - I bet he's a right miserable bar steward when he doesn't get picked in conditions that are ideal for him.

Broad getting in on the act, another catch for Bairstow. 7-3

7-3 Conway gone

Bairstow again.

Potts gets Williamson in his first over in test cricket

Back