• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

Rabada with an average of 11 top scoring by a mile is classic England. Unfortunately with our batting if they get near 200 they’ll likely still get a lead

Rabada with an average of 11 top scoring by a mile is classic England. Unfortunately with our batting if they get near 200 they’ll likely still get a lead
151 all out. They aren't THAT good as a batting unit. Their bowlers are their strength.

We'll see. Might want to look at some of the other batting efforts from when we were winning 75% of the tests earlier in the summer then.

All the focus on Crawley means how wank Lees is gets glossed over. Averages 23.5 in 9 Tests/17 innings. He wasn’t, isn't and never will be good enough

All the focus on Crawley means how wank Lees is gets glossed over. Averages 23.5 in 9 Tests/17 innings. He wasn’t, isn't and never will be good enough
Funny you should say that...
Screenshot_20220825-164630_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think Lees looked OK in one innings this summer against India. Otherwise hasn’t looked anything like good enough

This might just be me making things up but I swear whenever someone comes along who bowls 90mph+ we get cleaned up on pure pace a lot of the time. When we have a 90mph bowler they don’t ever seem to trouble the opposition (other than some short stuff from Archer)

I should also point out that 90+ bowlers are rare beasts, especially in England. Our pitches don't suit them in the county game so we tend to cultivate swing and seam bowlers rather than express machines (mark wood aside)

Wood, Archer, Stone and J Overton can all bowl at 90mph+. We can't keep them fit though. None of them will probably have extensive Test careers for that reason

That is not a high percentage of the number of fast bowlers in the Englishgame which proves my point. However your point about it being a right struggle for us to keep the expresses fit is also correct.

Even when they’re fit though, they don’t have the impact that some of the overseas guys do. Might just be me though

Back