• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

Just because NZ collapsed, it doesn't hide the fact that our batting has been woeful for the last 12-18 months (aside from the 2 matches in the Caribbean on ridiculous pitches)
This is why I'd have played Brook, rare you find someone in that kind of form and we need everything we can get. Foakes is a good keeper but he seems to be more Chris Read than Matt Prior at international level. Give Bairstow the gloves back and get the extra batsman in.

This is why I'd have played Brook, rare you find someone in that kind of form and we need everything we can get. Foakes is a good keeper but he seems to be more Chris Read than Matt Prior at international level. Give Bairstow the gloves back and get the extra batsman in.
Absolutely, when a player is in that sort of form he has to be picked.

I'm a big fan of Pope, but don't know why we have thrown him in at 3. He'll never be a 3, why we have let Root drop back to 4 baffles me

56-4. I really don't fancy chasing 150 here but low scoring games can still be enjoyable and exciting. Miles better than some of 600-3 vs 598-5 shite you get in the sub-continent.

Stupid shot by Conway. Getting strangled with a glove down the legside when hanging around is key to NZ victory chances was just daft.

Starting to look ominous, mainly because if they get over 150 we aren’t getting it

This game has gone already unless there is a mysterious outbreak of spine in our batting line up.

Yep, no chance we are winning this.

Look utterly clueless how to break this partnership. Some time tomorrow England will be set 300+. And will fail by at least 100

I think this ad company hasn't watched cricket before.

20220603_194508.thumb.jpg.8e160e25898043eb43ec7dd5450e9636.jpg

Might get saved by the weather...

Might... Saturday and Sunday were forescast to potentially both be washouts, today has already been downgraded to "scattered showers"...

Amazing how comfortable these two look given how the game went up to the point they went in to bat.

Have they just been then only two to play properly or had the pitch died?

Either way we won’t even make 150 again!

Back