• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

Didn’t help that Nissany was driving like an absolute lunatic just before.

He’s been doing it for ages now and getting away with it solely because he has some money. He’s probably the most unsafe driver in the formula series.
How so? I didn't watch the race today, but the replay doesn't show what you say in the slightest (perhaps it starts too late into the action)

He forced Hauger off after Stowe. He's a joke.

Reactions: jlo
No pictures of the Zhou car/incident is always a concern.

George Russell to blame for all of that from what I’ve seen

Kin hell that looked nasty. Glad he's OK.

George Russell to blame for all of that from what I’ve seen
A slight tap from Gasly? sending George into Zhou

Horrific from that point, especially the high speed flip into the fence

That was nasty, a mixture of Russell and Gasly but I don't think you can place blame. George tries to close the gap is the most blame you can place, and it's harsh. It's just unlucky what thr sequence of events thereafter was

George cut accross gasly causing the contact. Admittedly it’s a very hard job, but that is what causes the incident.

Yeah, but in his shoes, you'd do the same every time. There's going to be some fascinating mobile phone footage from the stand, you see marshalls running on the other side of the fence from the helicopter view

*fascinating is the wrong word! I've just seen some footage, you do hold your breath a little!

Yeah, but in his shoes, you'd do the same every time. There's going to be some fascinating mobile phone footage from the stand, you see marshalls running on the other side of the fence from the helicopter view
Don’t know, I’m not a racing driver!

Upgrade for Merc has got them back in the hunt. Most reliable too so who knows with still ages to go in this championship…

Feel like Hamilton had a Chance of a win without the SC but given how hard he had to race against Leclerc even with fresher and better tyres, he probably wouldn’t have.

Ferrari absolutely screwing Charles again. Insane.

Very happy for Carlos.

Don’t know, I’m not a racing driver!
To be fair it’s just a racing incident, Gasly / Russell / Zhou being near three wide into T1 is always going to cause issues. The main problem will be why was Zhou’s car just dragging along the floor upside down for so long and what made it spit up and over the barrier.

Also surprised we haven’t had confirmation of Albon being ok as it stands. Didn’t think he suffered much then found out he was lifted to Cov hospital

He is back at the circuit after some checks. The crash was waaaay before turn 1. Albon ploughed into the pit wall before the apex and that was in reaction to carnage to his left and a loving tap from Vettel.

The long scrape upside down is caused by the halo and camera mounting. F2 earlier showed why halo is never being removed. The flip? Could have been a sausage kerb I suppose, but there shouldn’t be one on the outside of 1,at least not that I remember.

The flip was because it hit gravel wasn't it? Car digs in rather than skidding along at that point but still plenty of force so whipped it up and barrelling over the barrier.

Back