• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

It’s great to see Singapore back. I’m still insanely jealous you and the good lady got to go some years back.

It’s great to see Singapore back. I’m still insanely jealous you and the good lady got to go some years back.
Some years being the last time it was held there in 2019 (or a decade ago in Covid years)

Of course J9 and I were supposed to go in 2013(?) but the logging fires would have fucked her lungs for good. So we went to Barbados instead.

God I miss having money 😄

There will be a delay. I have been caught in torrential rain like this in Singapore. Only good thing is that it is so steamy that it should dry out well when it finally stops.

The humidity is unbelievable and it will still be thirty degrees. It’s always like being in a sauna.

Race will start at 2.05. That means the maximum it can last is 1hr. 55mins. Singapore has had regular timed 2 hour races because there hasn't been time to complete the race in dry conditions so I would be staggered if we get a full race.

Very weird watching this knowing a few months ago I was running round this track.

I went to Singapore about 10 years ago, landed at about 10 at night local time. Stepped out the airport for a fag and felt like I'd been winded it was that humid.

There is a brilliant rooftop bar at the airport for a beer while waiting for your connection to Oz or NZ but it gets a bit warm!

Nice confusing end to the race today.
Everyone presuming due to limited race time it would be reduced points but it was full points because the FIA are shite at wording their regs.

Chuck in Le Clerc fooking up on the final corners and getting a 5 sec penalty meaning Max declared World Champion about 10 mins after the race.

Max is the worthy champion but it should never have been this easy. Ferrari, through appalling decisions, strategy and driving errors have given him a free run at times.

Also, some fine work from the guys getting Sainz's car off the track. Perfect to pop the tractor/crane thing on the track as cars are still driving around with limited visibility. Not as if the track has a history with tragic events involving that machine

Can see Max winning several on the spin. Sainz and Perez are bang average, don’t think Le Clerc is anything special, plus the team is shit.

Red Bull aren’t suddenly going to produce a bad car so depends if Mercedes can catch up. Think Russell has shown he’s got something and hopefully Lewis has still got it.

The fact the Alpine is considerably faster than the Merc is tragic. They’ve written this season off so had loads of time to hopefully produce something good for next year.

Worrying thing for Mercedes’ is lack of straight line speed. Engines are locked as well aren’t they? Can’t see them bridging the gap

Worrying thing for Mercedes’ is lack of straight line speed. Engines are locked as well aren’t they? Can’t see them bridging the gap
I think their engine is generally ok but it’s more to do with their set ups and having to run with lower downforce to compensate their car flaws (re stability and porpoising).

I’d be amazed if they weren’t up there next year. They’ve indicated they know the issue and the fix but cannot implement it due to budget cap concerns this year

Yep, it was mentioned earlier in the season they have one of the quickest engines but the moment they use certain set ups it just turns the car into the bouncing mess. So never been able to fully use the potential of the engine

More too much drag than downforce. That’s why they have no straight line speed but are actually ok in the corners

Think they have to set the ride height too high to stop the bouncing and bottoming out.

Back