• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southampton picked their number 1 choice at the same time we finally got ours.
However it came about for us, thank fook it did as we would have drifted in January with our caretaker still in charge.

Yep, don;t want to be all Lupollet, but it wasn't long ago Jeff was saying he was happy with Davis etc remaining in place. We got luckly.

Yep Steve Davis managed us for 7 league games, we aren't in any position to point fingers. If that was just to fill a gap until Lopetegui arrived then fine, but as we know it wasn't. Shi and we as fans dropped very lucky

Yep, don;t want to be all Lupollet, but it wasn't long ago Jeff was saying he was happy with Davis etc remaining in place. We got luckly.
To dig deeper..the hope is that is
after Mr Loyalty had said no, there was a plan to go back for Lopetegui. There were plenty of better/more experienced candidates than Beale out there we decided to ignore.

Thankfully Lopetegui spent 3 weeks with his parents and wanted to move out again.

It's not luck in the sense that we've long since identified Julen as the man.

It is luck in the sense that whatever connection he has to Guo/Fosun/Mendes, he's come here when by rights, he shouldn't be joining a team that's bottom of the league because he's clearly miles better than that.

Would all be totally different but if we'd sacked Lage in April/May as we should have done and got Fonseca or Rose who were both available, we wouldn't have been anywhere near a relegation discussion this season.

I'm delighted to have Julen as manager and think he could do something very special here, but that doesn't mean sitting through Lage's football was worth it. It was shit, I started to hate going to games.

I guess we'll never know exactly what happened - I'm just grateful we've got a top manager in situ before our season was irreparably damaged.

I don't envy Leeds or Southampton one bit.

Southampton is of their own making

Ralph may have reached the end but their number 1 pick to replace him was odd from the very start. He then took a struggling team into a nosedive, pissed off the players and turned the fans against the club, players, tea lady etc.

To be fair, there was no way he was going to say that Davis was rubbish and he couldn't wait to get rid of him.

He could have kept quiet of course, but if he's asked a direct question related to Davis, then a "no comment" says exactly the above, and there's utterly no choice other than to say something supportive.

There's much better sticks out there to beat Jeff with - for example, almost anything related to Lage.

Oh no. How will I, a Wolves fan, cope with both Saints and Leeds shooting themselves in the feet?

To be fair, there was no way he was going to say that Davis was rubbish and he couldn't wait to get rid of him.

He could have kept quiet of course, but if he's asked a direct question related to Davis, then a "no comment" says exactly the above, and there's utterly no choice other than to say something supportive.

There's much better sticks out there to beat Jeff with - for example, almost anything related to Lage.
Between the initial Lopetegui rejection and Beale staying loyal we did look at getting Rob Edwards as a permanent club employed coach. Who would work with whoever was in charge and do caretaker duties when required.
To put a sudden stop to that when Beale said no was either Jeff saying fuck it, I'm done here or a little message was received saying "hold on a for a few weeks and your man will be ready again"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back