• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too like his no nonsense punditry but I think he is completely the wrong temperament for coaching/management.

Agbonlashit (I know he is a twat and was totally unprofessional but...) was just on the radio talking about when Keane was assistant to Lambert at Villa. He said Keane didn't get that the players at Villa weren't at the level of the ones he was used to at United, his methods were outdated and his attitude towards the players, how he spoke to them - rude, belittling was awful. They were all happy when he left. it doesn't surprise me at all

Last edited:
I too like his no nonsense punditry but I think he is completely the wrong temperament for coaching/management.

Agbonlashit (I know he is a twat and was totally unprofessional but...) was just on the radio talking about when Keane was assistant to Lambert at Villa. He said Keane didn't get that the players at Villa weren't at the level of the ones he was used to at United, his methods were outdated and his attitude towards the players, how he spoke to them and rude, belittling was awful. They were all happy when he left. his doesn't surprise me at all
The feedback regarding his time at Ireland is similar.

The Albion forum is overwhelmingly meh about Bruce.
Part of the press release says " we welcome Steve as a manager with good tactical acumen, and man management skills" must be a different Steve Bruce, his son Alex is on the coaching team as well.

Odds on for Albion finishing outside the playoffs now surely?

Such a strange appointment.

We will see. This is football prediction rather than political stuff, so I have a slightly better record.

Its such a strange appointment, he couldn't get Villa up with a much bigger budget and arguably better team. He's done nothing since then to suggest he's improved as a manager (he's clearly not a coach)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back