• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked like he'd given up yesterday.

Was also really obvious that unless he changed it, Cardiff were going to win and he didn't do anything.

He's always been vastly overrated IMO. Doesn't do anything different to Mick really but seems to get better opportunities and more respect.

Forest fans absolutely hate him, they've been singing to him that he's getting sacked in the morning for weeks.

Forest fans absolutely hate him, they've been singing to him that he's getting sacked in the morning for weeks.

They've also been singing for Sabri Lamouchi too, so their standards are pretty low...

They've also been singing for Sabri Lamouchi too, so their standards are pretty low...
They're Forest fans, what do you expect!? I almost feel sorry for them with how they have been run between the Greeks and Fawaz but I'm not quite there yet.

I'll stick to watching Basford!

What they now normally do is appoint someone who plays a completely different style of football, so they need to sign a load of new players and tons of the existing ones end up banished to the stiffs, doing nothing as no-one else wants them. Rinse and repeat.

Steve Cooper, John Terry and Chris Wilder linked

He looked lost against Cardiff the other day, wonder where he will end up next.

JT would be an interesting appointment, think he's gone about his coaching the right way and may well be a decent appointment, although Wilder would surely be seen as the best option given his track record at Sheffield

They need someone who plays a similar style to Hughton, but obviously more effective, or they will have to gut the squad again. So relatively defensive and eye bleeding. A coach who works on the beautiful game concept is of little worth there.

Cooper probably fits best as his Swansea were an appalling watch, but effective.

Cooper did well at Swansea but eventually his strategy of "let's loan all these lads who I managed for England U17s" will run out of road.

Forest have been a clusterfuck for ages. I think Wilder would be their best bet of turning things round. Terry would be mad to go there, he'll get better offers where he is less likely to get off to a poor start in his managerial career.

Wilder and JT are not being considered apparently, according to Danny Taylor anyway.

Cooper would be good for them IMO

Harry Kewell sacked by Barnet. He has a truly astoundingly shit career record. P119 W38 D24 L57. I'm not sure this managerial lark is for him.

Surely time for Martin Allen.

Harry Kewell sacked by Barnet. He has a truly astoundingly shit career record. P119 W38 D24 L57. I'm not sure this managerial lark is for him.

Surely time for Martin Allen.
That would be Allen's 4th go at it I think if he agreed ? Maybe more .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back