• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

only available until 6pm tomorrow I think, but this is wonderful;
Incredible.

I love Einaudi. Nuvole Bianche takes my breath away. Sometimes listen to it over and over, and of course Una mattina too.

For some reason or other I’ve a love of ‘street piano’ and can watch for ages on the rare occasion you come across one. There are some awesome YouTube videos of them being played too.

I’d give anything to play the piano but sadly and not in the slightest bit talented musically. It’s a beautiful thing watching any artist at work but the piano does it for me every time.

bluedot festival has mogwai headlining, and spiritualized also appearing. If they are on the same day, that'll be tempting.

Thought this was an interesting article. I have saved virtually all of my concert tickets, and during a zoom call recently got a few old tickets out and saw that in the early 90's I paid around £6 for a gig in a venue the size of the civic, and £12.80 for the NEC (maiden in 1991 FWIW!)couple of years later, and more big gigs at the NEC were £16-£19, and the civic was around £8.50. In 1991 I saw zz top, bryan adams, paul rogers, thunder and little angels at the milton keynes bowl for £25. Civic gigs now would be £35-£60, NEC can range from £65 to over £200 (some big names charge ridiculous amounts), and even a 1 day festival is gonna be approaching £200 if the headliners are big.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/feb/07/how-live-music-joined-cost-of-living-crisis

there's a lot in the article that links to other discussions in the cost of living thread, and the season ticket discussion imo.

Back