• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

very true, but original and genuine music would mean having to deal with artists with their own way of looking at the world and their own opinion of music.

far easier to find photogenic people with acceptable voices desparate for their 15 minutes and who can be manipulated in whatever way the music industry wants. Even better if you've conned the public into taking some sort of ownership responsibility for the singer (ie by voting for them).

if the public will buy cack over and over again, why complicate things by making music original and genuine.

Absolutely, however, I have a feeling the tide may begin to turn. Cowell isn't an idiot and jumped before the ship started sinking and low and behold, X Factor figures are waaay down. Hopefully people are starting to see through it.

Oi! NO!!!!!!:argh:

+1000

Never liked Cash's cover. The contrast of emotion is completely gone in his version. Matter of fact, I prefer Kermit's version to Cash's.

Last edited:
In Rock: 25th Anniversary Edition..............ahh...those were the days....

Just got myself 2 tickets to see The Vaccines at Brid Spa in May 2012.

Oh I do love to be beside the seaside...

Some proper music, I think everyone must agree our Robert has got be one of the best front men ever to have lived.

Last edited:
One for markakajim:
Angels & Airwaves have announced a show at the hmv institute.
I also noticed Helmat are apparently playing there in april.

One for markakajim:
Angels & Airwaves have announced a show at the hmv institute.
I also noticed Helmat are apparently playing there in april.

I've seen them before, a support act for Foo Fighters not long after Blink had split, but I was I wasn't impressed. Tom De Long is a massive bellend, I've got tickets for Blink but seen as they delayed it a year and their new album is essentially angels and airwaves but with blink playing I'm not looking forward to that either anymore.

Thankfully my girlfriend got me tickets for Four Year Strong, also at the HMV institute, for Christmas so I have that to look forward to.

New Puscifer is pretty good. Very mellow.

No offence but....

I detest Skrillex, every single one of his 'remixes' are essentially exactly the same. Play a sample of the original song and then fling in some horrendous drop that makes 14 year olds wet themselves.

It makes my ears bleed.

No offence but....

I detest Skrillex, every single one of his 'remixes' are essentially exactly the same. Play a sample of the original song and then fling in some horrendous drop that makes 14 year olds wet themselves.

It makes my ears bleed.

Bang on!

Back