• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Yay someone posted Ned's! The lead bassist's dad used to be my teacher at school. Not a patch on the Wonder Stuff though!

Bowie at Glastonbury next year. You heard it here first...

New Muse isn't really impressing me too much.

Me neither. Panic Station is really good pomp-rock, but the others are all a bit average.

Panic Station is there new release isn't it?

Slight improvement on the previous track, at least it's got a bit of tempo to it but i think this album is finally going to break my love for Muse.

In a way, the new Muse album is better than I expected. I think that some of the songs are as good as they have produced in a fair few years - even though they're not as heavy as I would ideally like.

On the other hand, some of the songs are the sort of rock opera shite that has done so much to put me off them recently. So, a mixed bag; but as my expectations were low, I'm almost pleasantly surprised. Of course, it's not a patch on Absolution or Origin of Symmetry.

Have got Frank Eddie's Lets be Frank album on pre-order.

OMYGODI'MSOEXCITEDITSGONNABESOAWESOME!!!!!!!!!

In a way, the new Muse album is better than I expected. I think that some of the songs are as good as they have produced in a fair few years - even though they're not as heavy as I would ideally like.

On the other hand, some of the songs are the sort of rock opera shite that has done so much to put me off them recently. So, a mixed bag; but as my expectations were low, I'm almost pleasantly surprised. Of course, it's not a patch on Absolution or Origin of Symmetry.

The rock-opera stuff was my main comment to people asking me about the album... it almost sounds like the album came from a production of some sort, like a play.

Origin of Symmetry is my favorite Muse album, followed by Showbiz... the last two have been a farcry from that style, but still found Resistance enjoyable as long as I could skip some songs. This new one is leaving me a bit lost. Trying not to be too harsh on it though, and see if it grows on me. Muse is my #1c favorite band, so I'd hate to dislike it.

Wetting myself for Kendrick Lamar's release on the 22nd. Hip-Hop is on the way back.

Got tickets for Seth Lakeman, Martyn Joseph and Show of Hands.

Folk-tastic. 3 gigs in the space of 3 weeks.

Seth Lakeman is ace, one of those acts who is miles better live than recorded. He is also responsible for getting me in to the genius that is the Peatbog Faeries. Saw them both not so long ago at Conkers/National Forest Ashby de la Zouch.

Me, My Yoke & I by Damien Rice popped up on my shuffle this morning and I was reminded just how amazing it was when I saw him play it live at the Civic a few years back.

One of my all-time favourite song writers. I just wish he would release another album!

Back