• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

David Holmes is ace. This films crap (lets slash the seats) is great, as is Lets Get Killed. The title of lets get killed came from the fact he was out with loads of DAT & similar recording equipment in New York, wanting street sounds for the album. Wondered why he got run off the streets everyday with everyone trying to nick his (for the time) well expensive recording equipment.

I really liked David Holmes, I didn't think anyone else had ever heard of him...

Don't die just yet is an awesome tune.
I'm biased, but the mogwai remix of it is amazing.

I also have bow down to the exit sign, but haven't listened to it much.

I meant to post on the "Happy" thread, but Fred Deakin did a winter 2012 mix, & had some cd's left over. I was massively lucky & managed to get an original. The mix is now available for download, & is awesome!:
http://twitter.com/FredDeakin/status/288360826241421312

Once the cd arrived, I put it on for a good blast of new music.

One track really stood out - by Psychemagik.
So, inspired by the one tune, I went onto their soundcloud & had a dig around.

Fook me, some of their mixes are awesome!
https://soundcloud.com/#psychemagik

Really loving their Bestival 2012 mix. Can't wait to explore some of their stuff in more detail!

Saw Kendrick Lamar last night. Genius, comfortably my favourite artist around right now and his album is a piece of art.

Just been on the civic website. Looks like a relaunch/rebrand is in progress. Not convinced, but it doesn't appear to be properly working yet.

Anyways, mainly for nimrod - And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead are playing in April I think?

By request. This took place Christmas 2009 btw

At a record label bash before Xmas, Elbow's Guy Garvey was introduced by a 6Music producer to Aled Jones (the angel-voiced one, not the git who hangs around with Chris Moyles). She'd been largely responsible for setting up Elbow's performances with Manchester's Halle Orchestra last year, and Guy was heard remarking to Aled that "This woman helped me realise a life-long dream, you know".

Without missing a beat, Aled said 'What, anal?' Then smirked, and headed off to the bar.

:icon_lol:

Guy Garvey is an absolutely top bloke by the way - met him a few times when I lived in Manchester.

:icon_lol:

Guy Garvey is an absolutely top bloke by the way - met him a few times when I lived in Manchester.

He fucking chatted up my ex girlfriend after a show here in 2006, just as they were getting big. Asked her out for dinner the following evening, even though she told him she had a boyfriend. PRICK

trail of dead are a great live band too, but i'm gonna have to see how things are placed.

mbv tickets i booked last week. shame about the location but c'est la vie.

Glad you agree the academy is a shocking location. As a venue, it is dire.
Is it the main room? Been to see Death in Vegas at the academy 2 & that was smaller, but so much better.

I refuse to go to birmingham academy. I'm going to the specials in Leicester instead, as the academy is such a bad venue.

Glad you agree the academy is a shocking location. As a venue, it is dire.
Is it the main room? Been to see Death in Vegas at the academy 2 & that was smaller, but so much better.

I refuse to go to birmingham academy. I'm going to the specials in Leicester instead, as the academy is such a bad venue.

yeah, it's the main room I think so I've chosen the balcony. it's MBV, I had to go. The smaller rooms are fine there.

The new I Am Kloot album is fucking brilliant. Give it a listen, folks.

Can't wait til February 15th - a trip with my wife to one of the best cities in the world to see them.

Karl Hyde of Underworld is releasing a solo album.

Rick Smith of underworld is doing the OST to Trance (Danny Boyles new film).

Both excite & intrigue me...

Just turned my PC on for the first time in probably 6 months and forgot just how much music i had on here, and how loud the speakers went, sure my neighbours will be enjoying this...

Back