• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The New Kit Thread - 2014/15

Companies who don't change the colour of their logo to fit the colours of a team are the devil's spawn. I'm looking at you here Sportingbet.

Companies who don't change the colour of their logo to fit the colours of a team are the devil's spawn. I'm looking at you here Sportingbet.

They're never going to do that unless they have to though are they?

Most changes i can think of have come about to make the logo more visible, like Chang changed theirs from green to white on the Everton top, if Wolves were to try and dictate the colour of their sponsor's logo i imagine they'd quickly lose the sale of that advertising space in most cases.

Equally, I imagine Sportingbet would have lost precisely zero business or brand exposure if they'd put the letters in black.

Equally, I imagine Sportingbet would have lost precisely zero business or brand exposure if they'd put the letters in black.

Why would they change when they're the ones paying out though? They're paying Wolves a fair chunk of money to put their logo on the top, their logo happens to be blue and red, if Wolves don't like that then they don't have to take the money. Sportingbet aren't going to go out of their way when they don't have to.

If I were spending seven figures on advertising I'd rather it not look shit. But what do I know.

If I were spending seven figures on advertising I'd rather it not look shit. But what do I know.

I doubt they use a mocked up Wolves shirt in much of their advertising, they pay the money just to put their name out there and it does that regardless of how well it sits on the shirt.

Indeed, they should get Vanessa Feltz and Anne Widdecombe in bikinis for their next campaign. Who cares if it looks shit, just get the name out there.

Indeed, they should get Vanessa Feltz and Anne Widdecombe in bikinis for their next campaign. Who cares if it looks shit, just get the name out there.

Probably struggle to get as much airtime as football, doubt there'd be enough value in it to warrant paying them what they'd want to partake in the campaign.

There are plenty of wank adverts out there, there's a fucking thread about them on here for fucks sake, there's no way the people behind them actually think they make the product appealing but puts the name out there and does so in a format that sticks in people's minds.

Saw a bloke the other day wearing a black Liverpool shirt with a decent looking 'Garuda' logo on it.
I asked him about it and he said that Garuda sponser their training kit.

I wouldn't have thought that Garuda (Indonesia's national airline) has much of a presence over in the UK.

Liverpool (oddly, as they haven't won the league for 24 years and counting) have tons of plastic fans overseas though, who'll buy any old shit.

I think Liverpool played a friendly over in Indonesia last summer, I vaguely remember watching it.

Probably struggle to get as much airtime as football, doubt there'd be enough value in it to warrant paying them what they'd want to partake in the campaign.

There are plenty of $#@! adverts out there, there's a $#@!ing thread about them on here for $#@!s sake, there's no way the people behind them actually think they make the product appealing but puts the name out there and does so in a format that sticks in people's minds.

Most companies have black and white as well as colour logo's. Sporting Bet look like they've insisted on tier full colour logo by the looks of things as you say their advertising 'gurus' will have told them that exposure in a good or bad way is good for the brand. This is much the same tactic as various insurance and van hire adverts. The overwhelming data coming through is that it has a negative effect on the brand even though it does get remembered.

FWIW I don't think many gave a toss as the quality of the shirt is probably more important.

That United shirt is totally hideous, the Chevy logo ruins it.

Liverpool-14-15-Third-Kit.jpg

Back