• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

True thats a very decent list. I am never that into the draft into a few years later. I always get stick for it but College football bores me if I am honest. Too much sloppy D and blown tackles. Not surprised teams struggle to pick talent in the draft with the way its scheduled and run with all the conferences, divisionals, bowls etc.

True thats a very decent list. I am never that into the draft into a few years later. I always get stick for it but College football bores me if I am honest. Too much sloppy D and blown tackles. Not surprised teams struggle to pick talent in the draft with the way its scheduled and run with all the conferences, divisionals, bowls etc.

College football confuses me. I never understand how there are so many different 'Bowl' games nor how they can rank the teams when most of them never bleedin' play each other! I only take an interest around March when I start finding out about the forthcoming draft prospects. I like the draft and the excitement of adding the new talent, I don't really make predictions on who teams will sign because I don't know enough about the players. I do know that I was VERY happy a couple of years ago when the Bills drafted Marcell Dareus, but I hadn't a clue who they were going to draft this year. I knew they wanted a QB, I knew the QB class was not supposed to be great, but I think they got the best one of the lot in Manuel. I believe he's going to be great. But the draft is a lottery. See: Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell, Vernon Gholston...

He was being mentored by Jeff Garcia for a while as part of some tv programme.

Week one predictions time:

Ravens at Broncos
Patriots at Bills
Titans at Steelers
Falcons at Saints
Buccaneers at Jets
Chiefs at Jaguars
Seahawks at Panthers
Bengals at Bears
Dolphins at Browns
Vikings at Lions
Raiders at Colts
Packers at 49ers
Cardinals at Rams
Giants at Cowboys
Eagles at Redskins
Texans at Chargers

My predicted winners are in bold...

Preferring the NFL to college football is a fatal sin where I come from.

Chicago usually start well so I'll go for them to beat the Bengals.
Got my tickets for both of the NFL games at Wembley. Hotel booked and spending money set aside.
Vikings vs Steelers on 29th September and
Jaguars vs 49ers on 27th October.
Would like to see wins for Pitt Steelers and Jags

Preferring the NFL to college football is a fatal sin where I come from.

To be honest, for me it's not a case of not liking college football, it's a case of not knowing it. It doesn't get shown over here, and I therefore have very little understanding of how it is organised and who the good teams are. Apart from those teams, of course, who consistently have players drafted into the NFL. My knowledge is generally dictated by who the Bills draft. As such I am fond of Clemson, because of CJ Spiller, and FSU because of EJ Manuel. I have really no idea if either of those teams are good or even likable!

Season kicks off tonight with the Ravens at Broncos game. Should be a good game I reckon. I think Manning and Welker will bring down the reigning champs.

To be honest, for me it's not a case of not liking college football, it's a case of not knowing it. It doesn't get shown over here, and I therefore have very little understanding of how it is organised and who the good teams are. Apart from those teams, of course, who consistently have players drafted into the NFL. My knowledge is generally dictated by who the Bills draft. As such I am fond of Clemson, because of CJ Spiller, and FSU because of EJ Manuel. I have really no idea if either of those teams are good or even likable!

It used to be on ESPN America not sure this season. I followed it closely for a few years when Luck, Ingram, Richardson and the Alabama D were dominant. It's all about the razzmatazz, trick plays and silly scores. Supposedly it's money free for the players so invokes true competition rather than the greed of the NFL. I'm not sure that's the case anymore.

Gameday! Buffalo wings and hot dogs at the ready, Gamepass subscription complete, the agony of being a Bills fan begins again... Let's go Buffalo!!

The Season begins, and so does the shouting at the tele from Mr Penguin.

Lets Go Steelers :)

A lad on my Facebook but up a status at half time how he was backing the bills to win at half time as they were 12/1 down against the pats! currently 1 point up. Watched the sky game this week. Very decent contest.

Yep, same ole' Bills. They always find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, especially against the Cheatriots.

Week one predictions time:

Ravens at Broncos
Patriots at Bills
Titans at Steelers
Falcons at Saints
Buccaneers at Jets
Chiefs at Jaguars
Seahawks at Panthers
Bengals at Bears
Dolphins at Browns
Vikings at Lions
Raiders at Colts
Packers at 49ers
Cardinals at Rams
Giants at Cowboys
Eagles at Redskins
Texans at Chargers

My predicted winners are in bold...

Ten right so far with the Monday night games to go. Pretty good effort there Toon though I did warn you that the Bears tend to start well and flatter to deceive

Back