• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official FIFA World Cup 2022 Megathread

A bad man would dig up the shit Spain are now in our half of the draw posts.

The fucking sauce to do a panenka there holy shit
The world of the perception of the good and bad penalty. Keeper stands up and he gets buried for it, he dives so he's a cool customer. Just as Simon throws his cap on the first if he just goes the right way

Spain bottled that imo. A bit Roy Keane but Morocco got amongst them and Spain just shriveled

They didn't bottle anything, they can't score goals unless it's against pub team opposition like Costa Rica were in the first game. The Shane McGowan of international football.

They've done fuck all for a decade.

The world of the perception of the good and bad penalty. Keeper stands up and he gets buried for it, he dives so he's a cool customer. Just as Simon throws his cap on the first if he just goes the right way
That's what makes it such a ballsy move (for lack of a better term).

They didn't bottle anything, they can't score goals unless it's against pub team opposition like Costa Rica were in the first game. The Shane McGowan of international football.

They've done fuck all for a decade.
They played nowhere near as well as they can play. Their body language was awful and so were their penalties.

Not an ounce of character amongst them.

I'm also sure I've read before that, statistically speaking, you're best off shooting straight down the middle anyway, as keepers are far more likely to dive one way or the other than they are to just sit still.

Citation needed, obv.

I'm also sure I've read before that, statistically speaking, you're best off shooting straight down the middle anyway, as keepers are far more likely to dive one way or the other than they are to just sit still.

Citation needed, obv.
SEB hit nearly every penalty for us straight down the middle. Maybe one or two exceptions but no more than that. Only missed one, Cov away.

Ronaldo had to go, it's like playing with 10, he's genuinely awful now.

But then he's added extra weird to the equation for no reason.

Citation needed, obv.
According to math top corner I believe is the penalty that gives the keeper the least chance, but obviously comes with an element of risk

It was down the middle, but middish, sometimes slightly to the left, sometimes slightly to the right and sometimes straight, but always leathered. Keeper couldn't really just stand there for most of them

Anything high is likely going in (if it’s on target). Well struck, low, near the corner probably will unless the keeper goes early. Personally think there’s just as much chance of you dragging it as there is skying it so you just go high everytime and take the GK out of it.

If you strike it as hard as you can like Deeney/SEB it’s probably going in unless to mange to hit it right at the keepers body.

Passing it to the side is just pointless. You’re literally 50/50 there unless you’ve stuttered and committed the keeper. Proper bottler penalty of hitting the target and hoping for the best but 50/50 is not good odds.

Back