• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road To The Desert: World Cup 2022 Qualification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Neves and Moutinho in the Portugal squad. Dalot selected ahead of Semedo

There's a reason he was allowed to leave Barca, he's got less caps than Cedric too I think.

Semedo playing tonight.

Sweden have fecked up their chances of qualifying automatically by losing 2-0 to Georgia.

Spain winning guarantees Wales a play off place thanks to Nations League stuff.

Five in defense against Albania, Coady not starting.

I just don't get it, thought Southgate was gunna pick players on form rather than reputation.
We're playing Albania ffs, with a back 3, Maguire is well out of form, plus we're going to have loads of possession but we've left out the only player that regularly plays in a 3 and who is the best of our CBs on the ball. I know I'm biased but really?
Don't get me started on the front line

We need a point, he's picked the side accordingly as you'd expect with a safety first manager

Coady isn’t playing because the other 3 players are better than him. Rest of the team is fine, back 3 doesn’t have to be defensive. Chillwell and James is certainly more attacking than Walker and Shaw, which is what it would normally be in a 4. You’ve basically got a WB in for Grealish, it’s neither here nor there is it.

Well he isn’t. Better than Coady in every metric bar long passing though still. And Coady tends to be a lot safer with his distribution for England rendering his asset irrelevant

Well he isn’t. Better than Coady in every metric bar long passing though still. And Coady tends to be a lot safer with his distribution for England rendering his asset irrelevant
And scoring lol

Kyle Walker . Now there’s a player who has an error a game in him ffs . Lucky boy there

England play so much higher with this formation than we do . Great skill from Henderson and finish by Kane 2 0

England playing some good stuff so far, Albania look a bit shellshocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back