• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road To The Desert: World Cup 2022 Qualification

Status
Not open for further replies.
npE8NLN-

No Dean Henderson, Ramsdale in. He needs to move club quickly you'd think.

Despite the criticism of him last night (which I think is unfair as we have seen how good Jota can be and how many times he seems to have caught keepers out with similar goals) Ramsdale has improved to a level I honestly didn't feel he was capable of, I feel like GK and CBs is marring an otherwise strong and promising lineup. Especially when you consider Sancho has started to look better and you have guys like him and Bowen not in the team, Calvert-Lewin to return eventually, and whilst I haven't seen him personally I've read a few articles saying that Tomori has been exceptional for Milan this season.

Good. Keep Kilman away from that squad for the rest of this season please.

Despite the criticism of him last night (which I think is unfair as we have seen how good Jota can be and how many times he seems to have caught keepers out with similar goals) Ramsdale has improved to a level I honestly didn't feel he was capable of, I feel like GK and CBs is marring an otherwise strong and promising lineup. Especially when you consider Sancho has started to look better and you have guys like him and Bowen not in the team, Calvert-Lewin to return eventually, and whilst I haven't seen him personally I've read a few articles saying that Tomori has been exceptional for Milan this season.
I'd take Sancho and Bowen over ESR and Grealish every day of the week.

I didn't realise Olise has opted to play for France. That's a real shame - huge talent.
Think he might struggle given the talent we do have in that position though.

Not that France is any easier!

Seems we've also lost out on Fabio Carvalho. Musiala would have been some option too.

Pot 1:
Qatar, Brazil, Belgium, France, Argentina, England, Spain, Portugal

Pot 2:
Mexico, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Uruguay, Switzerland, United States, Croatia

Pot 3:
Senegal, Iran, Japan, Morocco, Serbia, Poland, South Korea, Tunisia

Pot 4:
Canada, Cameroon, Ecuador, Saudi Arabia, Ghana, Costa Rica/NZ winner, Wales vs Scotland/Ukraine winner, Peru vs UAE/Australia winner

Group of Dreams
USA, Japan, Saudi Arabia
Group of Death
Germany, Senegal, Wales/Scotland/Ukraine

Reckon the team in Pot 2 who get Qatar will be celebrating wildly ronight and laughing at a group like France, Germany, Senegal and Wales.

There's some fucking dross there.
Fair enough the hosts get automatic qualification, but does it have to be pot 1?

Yeah, hosts are always Pot 1. USA were in 94, SA were in 2010, they were both shit as well.

I have said many a time that 2010 was the worst World Cup there ever has been and ever will be. This one could top it because of FIFA being mental/corrupt, and the lack of serious stand out teams - those with abundant talent are held back by rubbish managers, and plenty of others are either in transition or decline.

At least there'll be no fucking vuvuzelas. Oh and there won't be 48 teams like there will be in 2026, which will mean that tournament doesn't work properly and promotes negative football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back