• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ticket Prices 2021-22

As everyone else I'm pretty pissed with this, I had hoped that I would get to take my kids to a fair few games this season to keep their interest going but looks like it won't be so many.

God knows what the season next will look like as the eldest turns 12.

I'm sure it's not as simple as this, but things do seem to have gone tits up since Laurie Dalrymple left. Coincidence? Difference of opinion on how fans should be treated? Vinny a yes man?
Its Vinny setting the prices not Shi...

Think that gives Jeff a pass tbh. Since Thelwell and Dalrymple left he's king of Molineux, everything goes through him. Vinny is doing what Jeff wants and taking the bullets for it, just as Moxey did for Morgan and SJH. Vincent is a wholly unlikely, smug, condescending prick, but let's not pretend he's operating in a vacuum here

Matchday £10×19x3000 = £570k
Season Tickets (ex 2021/2 existing sth increase)£100×22500 = £2.25m
Total per season £2.8m
Seasons needed to buy a Fabio - 12.5
Weeks of Moutinho's wages - 28
Places in league table - 1

Hitting the fans for little material difference, so don't spin me (not here), the 'it's needed to be competitive line'. Anyone who falls for that is just gullible

£10.8m difference in the Premier League Merit payment for finishing 13th as opposed to 7th the previous season. Being more competitive on the pitch is where they should be looking.

You have to wonder what they are up to, ignoring the on the pitch stuff, off the field we've had:

* Sacking Dalrymple (and not replacing him)
* KT leaving, and eventually replacing him with an U23 coach.
* Telling us only 18 months ago that they had grand plans to redevelop the ground, and then cancelling them, with no real logical explanation.
* Turning the screw on the match day pricing, the loyalty points farce and now new season ticket prices, and for what? Quite a minimal reward.
* Employing Vinny who is so clearly out of his depth.
* Even more minor things like getting shot of the fans parliament, which was still at least a conduit for fans to talk to the club.

It's either incompetent or cold and calculated.

Didn't sack Laurie did we? He got offered the Harlequins job and he took it because he was disagreeing with Jeff on a few issues and then we put him on gardening leave from what I remember. (with how things are going, ticket pricing is one of those issues they couldn't agree on)
The FP wasn't really fit for purpose was it. All we got was an extended version of those Q&A's Jeff did with Johnny P with added shit questions. We have seemingly moved on to fans focus groups. No clue if they are up and running or what even they will acheive as the Membership plan was based on feedback and that was quickly u-turned on.
On Vinny - This is going to be one of those Moxey and KT things isn't. We all think he is useless and not fit for purpose but he has been employed by Jeff and he seems to like and trust him (trust being the main word there as that is key aspect of anyone who works for Fosun)

Unfortunately we are not going to get Fosun stepping in yet. Jeff has 100% control of this club and as long as he is doing what Fosun wants, he remains but if things start going wrong, then they will step in. For them, if his actions start damaging their brand (whether that is relegation, negative press doesnt matter) then they will step in and be brutal. Jeff won't have time to clear his desk at Compton.
Ideally right now, Jeff should be on the phone to his bosses and saying "remember last year when you asked if we needed money, well..."

We didn't really get a definitive answer as to why LD left, but given he took a less prestigious role on less money, it's fair to say it was more constructive dismissal than him leaving of his own accord? I was laughed at, at the time for being worried about LD leaving, but it's clear there is a huge disconnect between the club and the fans since he left, it's just took longer than i imagined for that to become clear.

As for Sellars, it's a bit amateur isn't it? How is he in that role?

Yes, i think Fosun would be ruthless if things start to unravel, but it might be too late by then.

If ever people needed to know that premier league football is just about money , not about fans this summers messages from Wolves have made it abundantly clear. They appear to think that it does not really matter who pays , only that someone pays and even if they don't sell out every week it doesn't matter. It is a very strange and crass strategy. It is a serious own goal. Looking at STH who have been devoted for a while and are saying they can do one this season is a depressing read. Here or elsewhere.

On Vinny - This is going to be one of those Moxey and KT things isn't. We all think he is useless and not fit for purpose but he has been employed by Jeff and he seems to like and trust him (trust being the main word there as that is key aspect of anyone who works for Fosun)

I'd say Jeff has surrounded himself with people who won't really challenge him. All of them seem like a bunch of yes men.

I think thats harsh on Sellars, from my point of view he has just worked his way up at the club, surely that is natural progression. Seemingly every few months he was getting new responsibilities. If we had taken him from another club where he started as a coach worked his way to a, kind of, DoF role would we be calling him amateur?
He does seem to the fall guy for Jeff but lets be honest, we have no clue how it all works. Easy to say "Jorge tells us we are buying a player and Jeff tells us Scott said do it" but it won't be like that (well, maybe sometimes) as I would think an ex player with some pride in his job would soon walk away from shit like that.

I think thats harsh on Sellars, from my point of view he has just worked his way up at the club, surely that is natural progression. Seemingly every few months he was getting new responsibilities. If we had taken him from another club where he started as a coach worked his way to a, kind of, DoF role would we be calling him amateur?
He does seem to the fall guy for Jeff but lets be honest, we have no clue how it all works. Easy to say "Jorge tells us we are buying a player and Jeff tells us Scott said do it" but it won't be like that (well, maybe sometimes) as I would think an ex player with some pride in his job would soon walk away from shit like that.
Sellars role is pointless. The club telling us he's involved in recruiting the manager and some of the Portuguese players is laughable they must think we were born yesterday.

He'd have more credibility if he/Jeff stopped passing things off as him when they clearly aren't. The managerial appointment being top of the list. If things like that are transparently untrue then it makes you consider everything else. Pure speculation on my part, but I'd imagine it played into Thelwell's decision to leave.

Your "worked his way up" is another man's "promoted beyond his level".

Look at who other clubs in a similar standing have in similar roles? It's a crucial role is it not? Yet we have someone who was an academy coach a couple of years ago?

I don't think he comes across particularly well though, so maybe that is clouding my opinion, although it is fair for that to do so. I certainly preferred how Thelwell came across, i know he was divisive too, but at least he had written a book....

What I do know about sellars as a person is that he isn’t a yes man, tbf. Very highly spoken of as someone who doesn’t take crap standards. So interesting to see how he does in this role where he’s obviously got other influences around him that he has to contend with

I have no issue with Sellars and what his role his. If he is part of the reason why we held on to Vinagre until we nabbed RAN, then he is at least offering something more stable on our transfer dealings this summer. Dare say the same kind of thing is happening for when Neves leaves as it did for Rui/Sa.

Moving back to what has really fucked us all off...
Vinny is essentially a Moxey for 2021. He is going to be the one that takes the shit and protects Jeff. As Moxey did with SJH and Morgan.
From a club POV his main things so far have been a Kit deal that will make the club more money and tickets prices that will make the club money. Winning for him. Sadly the ticket pricing is done solely from a club POV and not the fans/area.
Obviously the ticket price making money depends what happens on the pitch. If Lage has any amount of success this season and we maintain sell outs, then I dread to think what their thinking will be come next Summer.

Back