• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Torino (H) 2nd leg build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langers

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Starting a new thread rather than tagging it on the end of the previous one.

Can't wait for this - first time I've been able to buy a ticket in the South Bank using my own supporter number since the Kenny Jackett era!

I expect Traore and Donk to start this one.

Max strength for me, take no chances. Adama should be starting every game until doc is fully fit. Take mou/jonny/raul off at halftime if were doing really well.

That's the reason we should have played Traore and Vinagre at wing-back against Burnley. That way Jonny and Doc would be fully ready for Torino when we need our best defenders.

That's the reason we should have played Traore and Vinagre at wing-back against Burnley. That way Jonny and Doc would be fully ready for Torino when we need our best defenders.

Totally agree, unless of course Vinagre and Traore were spent from the Torino game.

Absolute full strength for me. The bookies have us at 1/8 to go through but we can't take chances. Big, big game for the future of our football club. And only two sleeps to go...

Really looking forward to this one, itll be the first really competitive game of the season for me as so far my diary hasn't worked with all the other home fixtures.

Group stages in the europa would be dreamland, and we've managed to put ourselves in a very good position from the first leg to achieve this

I'm also of the mind to go at them and get that opening goal. They'd need 3 then and we don't generally concede many at home.

Raúl, Jota and Traore to start, for me. Maybe Neto instead of MGW as well.

I’d be inclined to rotate Moutinho and Donk a half each again tbh, want them in good shape for Everton on Sunday as well. I’d also be happy with starts for Neto and Vinagre, and I’m happy for Doc to build some fitness either from the start, or as sub, want Traore starting Everton too.

This game is must not lose - but I think we have enough in the tank even with those changes.

Torino need two goals and will have to come at us a bit. Grab an early goal and it's lights out for the visitors. Traore and/or Vinagre will stretch them with their pace, giving us the chance of a break but also pinning their fullbacks back.

The 2 goals for Torino is the minimum they need as they still then need to stop us scoring otherwise that ups the ante.

Doc didn't look right on Sunday so Traore starts - then would prefer Jonny on the left so that we have 4 experienced defenders in that back line (at least early doors - if we get another couple of goals then we can change it).

This will be a game for a bit of experience & not sure that I would put MGW in there - if Saiss is not fit still then Dendocker needs to at least start (didn't play the whole of the Burnley game)

Seeing in some places that the upload to card option was a mistake and done people have been sent tickets, hoping my smart card works tonight

Goodmorning lads. Newspapers here report that all but 4 pubs in wolverhampton arent allowing away fans. Do they usually do that in the UK?

Nkoulou didnt travel with the team, he's in full rebellion so our defence has to change. We have valid defenders but we suffered quite a bit against Sassuolo. I dont see you guys not scoring at least one goal.

Goodmorning lads. Newspapers here report that all but 4 pubs in wolverhampton arent allowing away fans. Do they usually do that in the UK?

Yeah, we're not very welcoming. There's one designated pub for away fans (I think) - and it's a shithole. I'm sure the local lads will be able to confirm and tell you more. Have you come across for this one?

As for Nkoulou not travelling, that's good news for us. I liked the look of him in the first leg. I think we'll score tonight. I imagine Mazzarri has been drilling it in to your lads heads that they need to start on the front foot, as we haven't started games well this season. So if you can grab an early goal, anything could happen. I suspect if you score early the Molineux crowd will get a bit edgy.

The pub thing is peculiar to our city really. Lots of English cities have pubs designated as purely away or home but our police and council seem to always enforce it very strictly in Wolverhampton which is a terrible shame.

Not having to chase the game is an advantage, but we don't want to end up having to. We can put this to bed in the first half. An early goal and Torino need 3. That means no Jesus.

Have the Italian papers said which four pubs are allowing Torino fans? One will be the Blue Brick near the station which is always away fans. Generic steak joint pub attached to a hotel and sadly not much to write home about. If we know the names of the other three we might be able to advise on a best choice.

Certain pubs (The Prince Albert and the Moon Under Water) should be avoided at all costs. Potential for trouble and also because they are absolutely awful. Sadly our meeting point in the Royal London is pretty much home fans and will have door staff.

If Torino fans are already in town and in a small group you might be able to get into the Great Western early in the day and stay in there if well behaved. Their policy is usually quite liberal unless our local rivals or teams notorious for trouble are visiting. It is excellent but small and gets quite crowded. Also quite a polite place so ultras singing all day might not be overly welcome. Worth a try though.

You will probably be directed to a pub called the Bluebrick, which is behind our Train Station.
If you get into the town, a few won't mind but I guess the security on the doors will stop you getting in Wetherspoons (that one is for the best), Royal London, Hogshead, Litten Tree. Sadly you are being treated like every other team that rolls into town because some can't quite accept he fact that supporting another team is ok and you don't need to give them a smack in the face for doing it.

On the plus side, you will be able to enjoy some shit over priced (actually might be cheaper than in Turin) beer in the ground though.

You will also be let out as soon as the whistle goes for full time, and won't be made to wait 30 mins to get out. As our Stadium is in the City (like 2 mins walk away from the Centre) there is no need for shuttle buses back.

Away fans pre-match drinking area - 1st leg

turin-italy-june-piazza-castello-central-baroque-square-turin-italy-tourists-visiting-piazza-castello-centr-turin-italy-121939444.jpg

Away fans pre-match drinking area - 2nd leg

69516276_10156227630901035_7314532787753582592_n.jpg

Another bonus for Torino fans is we now have an Italian catering van ouside the away end...so if you love the Pizza and you love the Pasta you are in for a treat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back