• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tottenham Hotspur (A) 13.02.2022 2.00PM Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you chose to make it about shape, I didn't. You have also missed the second sentence which qualified what I was saying "throw every attacking option on and hope for the best." Also coming from behind at some point is not the same as chasing the game

No you chose to make it about shape, I didn't. You have also missed the second sentence which qualified what I was saying "throw every attacking option on and hope for the best." Also coming from behind at some point is not the same as chasing the game
Well you said Bruno and Nuno are similar in how they chase games, how you went on to qualify that is irrelevant, as it's literally what you said.

Your post also came immediately after a post talking about going 4 at the back, one that you were clearly replying to.

Anyway it doesn't matter, it's clear i misunderstood you, but there were obvious reasons as to why i did. x

Bloody wonderful, four seasons into the PL and our best option in midfield when Moutinho is injured is a player who hasn’t played there for 3 seasons. It fully justifies the increase in my ST price.

Bearing in mind how Donk is playing and Cundle can’t get a look in, I’m assuming he’s nowhere near ready for a start?

if he’s more attack minded than Neves and Donk (which shouldn’t be ridiculously difficult) then I’m surprised he hasn’t had more minutes?

Has anyone seen enough of him to comment?

Bearing in mind how Donk is playing and Cundle can’t get a look in, I’m assuming he’s nowhere near ready for a start?

if he’s more attack minded than Neves and Donk (which shouldn’t be ridiculously difficult) then I’m surprised he hasn’t had more minutes?

Has anyone seen enough of him to comment?
Yes, he’s nowhere near ready. Too slight and not quick enough with the ball to be David Silva.

He needs a loan out and could be some player if he progresses well enough.

Stating the bleeding obvious I know, but we really need to get the 1st goal. If they score first it's pretty much over and done with.

Yes, he’s nowhere near ready. Too slight and not quick enough with the ball to be David Silva.

He needs a loan out and could be some player if he progresses well enough.
We don`t need anymore "slight" players in the team. We already have a couple in Podence and Trincao.

I was only referencing the last two games.

Under Nuno our best performances came with a 4 for sure. No idea what it was ditched but we went through that over a year ago and it’s irrelevant to now.

Ahh, in that case I do agree with the original point but obviously circumstances are a bit different and teams are generally sat in defending their box

Podence + Jiminez in a two is the right call, I think (although I wouldn't have minded Hwang or Chiqi as Raul's partner).

Huge vote of confidence in Cundle from Bruno, or a shitty way to send a message to the owners (which, if that's what it is, I have absolutely no time for).

Be interesting to see what Cundle is like.

Spurs' back three have looked horrendous last few times I've seen them, can't tracker runners at all especially when balls are coming into the box from wide areas. Not sure Wolves are the team to give too much to think about in that respect at the moment though, would've gone with Fabio over Podence, get him and Jimenez running between defenders all the time with the wingbacks instructed to cross as soon as possible.

Cundle is an 8 but can play deeper I’d say.

great opportunity, good luck to him . Look forward to fans writing him off if he struggles ha!
Definitely an 8 but I wonder if he's going to play in a slightly tucked in inside forward as will Podence. More inside the lines of the penalty box than outside like we were on Thursday.

I'm not sure he's ready but we may as well try something different.

Definitely an 8 but I wonder if he's going to play in a slightly tucked in inside forward as will Podence. More inside the lines of the penalty box than outside like we were on Thursday.

Yeah I see what you mean. Potentially then can be a third midfielder when we need. On paper you’d expect him to fill the role Joao does in this system but I think you could be right

I’d guess he will be asked to get up and down the pitch like Moutinho did against Saints (I think).

Looking forward to seeing Cundle. Not looking forward to seeing where Donk is playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back