• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tottenham Hotspur (A) 13.02.2022 2.00PM Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that tackle from Winks on Cundle.

Should be a yellow card, every bit as dangerous as studs on an ankle.

So many poor decisions in the final third. Kills our possession dead in its tracks.
Often the decisions are right but the pass is miles off the mark or played at the wrong pace.

Kin hell Donk. Just clear it.

Podence has been pretty terrible today with his decision making, but it’s difficult to get too bent out of shape when we’re two goals up. Just want us to keep going at them because defensively, they are absolutely appalling.

Saiss also having a difficult afternoon, where as on the other side, Kilman (& Coady) have been excellent. Donk also having a very good game which is pleasing!

Kin hell Donk. Just clear it.
Like he's playing online with a terrible connection.

On one hand I'd be glad to see Podence go off and see someone else that can maybe complete a pass but at the same time he's doing the best job of anyone dropping in to show for a pass. Could improve the football higher up the pitch or might see them lose is more in deeper areas without that out ball.

We've taken advantage well but still need to improve.

I absolutely HATE 2-0 as a scoreline. It lulls you into a sense of security, but concede one goal and you are suddenly bang under pressure to not throw a two goal lead away and panicking.

I will be very interested in others' opinion on Cundle as I think he's been exceptional out of possession and actually quite poor when we have it.

How on earth the ref hadn’t blown before that header! Madness!

Decent first half helped by spurs being awful defensively. But not our fault.

Missed a few opportunities, with rauls through balls etc and Podence end Product abit meh.

Cundle struggling abit for me and Saiss has been poor.

Hopefully don’t regret not getting a third

Given how Saiss is playing I'd almost advocate bringing Toti on for Donk and pushing Saiss forwards to play as a pure DM sitting just ahead of the back three to close up any space there.

Maybe even bring Jonny on at RWB a bit nearer the end.

Good scoreline but I don't think it's been a totally convincing performance. Podence has been both good and awful. Good at finding pockets of space and awful at then giving the ball away. We've been guilty a couple of times of being a bit slow in decision making, but we do look capable of getting more against this Spurs defence which has been a shambles.

Son and Kane are always going to be a threat so I hope we don't play to stick with what we've got as one goal back for them will make it a bit nervy.

Saiss has given the ball away 4 times whilst under no pressure, he as also rectified those errors with 2 brilliant challenges/blocks, no way i'd take him off.

Podence is trying too hard, giving it away time and time again.

Other than that i think they've all been excellent, Coady, Kilman and Neves exceptional. Dendoncker has been very good too other than one bit of sloppiness that lead to their corner.

Sa absolutely brilliant to read that one chance that he came out for.

Raul much more involved today too, and took his goal very well.

I've enjoyed Cundle, working his knackers off and making good decisions. Surprised to see the criticism.

My stream is excellent, English and very clear, it's about 4 mins behind. But thanks for the offers.

Like he's playing online with a terrible connection.

On one hand I'd be glad to see Podence go off and see someone else that can maybe complete a pass but at the same time he's doing the best job of anyone dropping in to show for a pass. Could improve the football higher up the pitch or might see them lose is more in deeper areas without that out ball.
Online with terrible connection! Very good sir

I will be very interested in others' opinion on Cundle as I think he's been exceptional out of possession and actually quite poor when we have it.
Poor but he's a young kid on his first start, doesn't seem to understand what he's supposed to be doing

That is how you play that system. Best half of football this season. They’ve been awful but we’ve forced a lot of that. We look so sharp and dangerous when we attack, really makes you wonder

Given how Saiss is playing I'd almost advocate bringing Toti on for Donk and pushing Saiss forwards to play as a pure DM sitting just ahead of the back three to close up any space there.

Maybe even bring Jonny on at RWB a bit nearer the end.
To be fair I wouldn’t be looking to take donk off. Had a decent half. If we need to take Saiss off I’d advocate like for like with toti.

Are both teams being affected by conditions, it's pretty windy and rainy....lots of poor passes from both sides

Poor but he's a young kid on his first start, doesn't seem to understand what he's supposed to be doing
Can’t be too hard on him really. Pretty big game/stadium to make your debut isn’t it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back