• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

TV Packages/Streaming

Hey if it covers the annual cheese rolling chase I'm in

Now TV have a £12.99 offer for a month of Sky Sports.

How’s everyone doing this stuff these days? I pay sky a fortune and am locked in until the end of this season - I’ve seen a load of iptv comments around lately, so figure I’m probably doing it in an unnecessarily expensive way - all I really need is Sky Atlantic and the footy tbh...

Anything other than sky, BT, now tv or virgin would be illegal.

How’s everyone doing this stuff these days? I pay sky a fortune and am locked in until the end of this season - I’ve seen a load of iptv comments around lately, so figure I’m probably doing it in an unnecessarily expensive way - all I really need is Sky Atlantic and the footy tbh...

Sent you a pm

If anyone is looking at getting the Now TV season pass (sky sports for 10 months), you can currently use Tesco clubcard boost to triple your vouchers for now TV - so can get the season pass for the equivalent of £65 of vouchers.

I've just had a quick look into this and I don't think you can use Tesco vouchers for a season pass. I can only see an option to but a day pass or a month pass. I'd like to be proved wrong mind.
You can, as I have.

You need to add the vouchers to your account as credit, then search for the season pass option (might need to do this from Google as it's not obvious on the now TV website). Add it to your basket and it will take your credit off the price.

If anyone is looking at getting the Now TV season pass (sky sports for 10 months), you can currently use Tesco clubcard boost to triple your vouchers for now TV - so can get the season pass for the equivalent of £65 of vouchers.

I've just had a quick look into this and I don't think you can use Tesco vouchers for a season pass. I can only see an option to but a day pass or a month pass. I'd like to be proved wrong mind.

Have to have a look at this - haven't got quite enough, but have a fair bit of Tesco vouchers plus Now TV access.

Rang Sky yesterday as the prices are going up. Got a £15 a month discount, faster broadband and a Sky Q upgrade. Not bad.

In Oz, Optus Sports offers for $14.99 per month (call it 7 Pounds 50c) you get all games live from the Premier League, Champions League, Europa League and Euros (plus the World Cup Finals although that was a debacle in 2018 but seems to have been fixed now).

For coverage of the other major football leagues, Championship, LaLiga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and SPFL you can get Kayo Sports which costs $25 per month (approx. 12 Pounds 50c).

Both Optus and Kayo Sports also offer numerous other sports etc.

I'm curious as to what you pay/get for in the UK for your football coverage ? as I think we get a pretty good deal over here in Australia.

In Oz, Optus Sports offers for $14.99 per month (call it 7 Pounds 50c) you get all games live from the Premier League, Champions League, Europa League and Euros (plus the World Cup Finals although that was a debacle in 2018 but seems to have been fixed now).

For coverage of the other major football leagues, Championship, LaLiga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and SPFL you can get Kayo Sports which costs $25 per month (approx. 12 Pounds 50c).

Both Optus and Kayo Sports also offer numerous other sports etc.

I'm curious as to what you pay/get for in the UK for your football coverage ? as I think we get a pretty good deal over here in Australia.

That's a cracking deal...

Sky TV, Sky Sports & BT Sport £47 (a$94?) a month on an 18 month contract which shows pretty much all sports including F1.

I really only watch football and cricket so the rest is a waste (golf, NBA etc)

To be fair it's always going to be cheaper in Australia. Most of the games get played in the middle of the night for them, so you're only going to be broadcasting to a relatively niche audience.

Thanks for that.

It's a fairly large niche . . . no idea of the numbers, but the Premier league is very popular here, plus Optus have full replays/highlights of every game as well.

Of course the Sky 6 get most of the coverage/analysis from the press and free to air TV but Wolves are getting more of a foothold nw.

Sky Sports Month Pass available for £25 a month for 12 months on Now TV at the moment. Down from £33.99 normally.

That's probably worth signing up to actually - my current 3 month pass is due to expire soon.

I had the £20 for 3 months offer too and as I went through the cancellation process they offered me to continue at that price. I turned it down, but wishing I hadn't now. Might do £25, will see how I feel shortly

Back