• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

TV Packages/Streaming

Anyone using Sky Glass?

Missus wants to redecorate the living and relocate the TV. We need a new one anyway and Sky Glass would save the hassle of relocating cables etc.
2 stepdaughters have it. Both have 2 young kids. They have the tv, plus all the netflix etc. Both have the tv on constantly. No gripes whatsoever from either of them about it. Biggest pain is the installation apparently.

In other news, one stepdaughter signed us in to her netflix account at ours, as her kids stay at ours a lot, plus they visit. Netflix has blocked it. mofos.

In other news, one stepdaughter signed us in to her netflix account at ours, as her kids stay at ours a lot, plus they visit. Netflix has blocked it. mofos.
They only have basic (1 watching at a time)?

think there are/were 4-5 "users". Stepdaughters, each child has one so they can watch in their room at home. The kids dad used to, but that was deleted (probably a row), and so we were added, as IIRC you could have 6 "accounts/users"?
Anyway, when we got back off holiday mrs jelly tried to go onto netflix and got a message advising she isn't the account holder, and the acc holder needs to receive an email to be granted access. Probs done via ISP or summat.

I’ve logged into Netflix/Prime/Now at Helen’s and they all work fine. Both there and at home.

How does it work if you have 4 smart televisions?

More than likely that all your home devices share the same public IP which is what Netflix will see.
Yeah I wasn't really clear with what I meant. The overall public IP for the router will be the same, the internal one will be 192.168.0.xxx for each device.

My Sky package is up in July and I think I'm finally going to ditch them for both TV and Broadband. Even though I am on a discounted deal, the prices are becoming a piss take and we hardly ever watch the TV anyway these days. We watch the odd programme on BBC, ITV or Channel 4 but the rest is Netflix/Amazon etc. I can watch iPlayer, ITVX, Channel 4 app etc if I need to.

I'll see what deals are on offer closer to my contract ending but am tempted to switch the boradband to BT and then add on the Sports channels and most basic TV package. It looks like it would be about £25 a month cheaper than what I currently pay.

I have just remembered that I don't have an aerial! (Which is one reason why I've always used Sky or Virgin). Am I right in thinking you can watch BT TV without an aerial?

If you have a smart TV, I have TNT sports on Discovery plus which I watch through the app.

I have just remembered that I don't have an aerial! (Which is one reason why I've always used Sky or Virgin). Am I right in thinking you can watch BT TV without an aerial?
Virgin Media an option? Their stream box is great for TV without an aerial, plus you get Netflix and Disney for 10% cheaper.

Virgin Media an option? Their stream box is great for TV without an aerial, plus you get Netflix and Disney for 10% cheaper.
Yes, we’ve had Virgin before. I just had a look and their packages are a lot cheaper than my current Sky package.

I know the price will go up considerably after my contract ends and they were really arsey last time I called to cancel but certainly worth thinking about.

Yes, we’ve had Virgin before. I just had a look and their packages are a lot cheaper than my current Sky package.

I know the price will go up considerably after my contract ends and they were really arsey last time I called to cancel but certainly worth thinking about.
You can cancel (well threaten to cancel and get a reduction) via WhatsApp now. Shout out to Treeman for that tip 😁

Remember that nowadays their contracts go up on April 1st mid-contract due to inflation.

How the government allowed them to do that is beyond me.

Back