• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

UEFA Nations League & Euro 2020 Qualification

The only out ball is wide right. GNev was right before the game if this is to work it needs an out ball to the left too.

Coady is going to get subbed off, because Southgate is playing 343 instead of 352. He'll go back to 433

This system hasn’t worked and has to change, agree it’ll be Coady as the sacrificial lamb

We don’t look any worse than Saturday, no need to change formation yet.

I'd be taking one of the midfielders off (Rice personally) and putting Grealish/Mount on. Agree he will probably go to a back four

Rice off and replace with, err I don’t know.

Commentators on ESPN reckon it's Pickford doing all the talking...

The fawning for Grealish on Twitter is embarrassing

100% International clean sheet record for Coads...

Not a bad debut but not great, felt it wasn't quite the right system for him to shine. (Along with being a turgid game)

He was as vocal as ever and proud that he's been recognised, hopefully he gets some more games as I think its great to have some English representation in the team.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

He wasn’t helped by the ultra defensive midfield pairing in front of him but didn’t let himself down. Good debut and hopefully more to come

Reading twitter Coady seems to have come out of it the best.

Posted at 21:34
'Coady has looked the part'
Denmark 0-0 England

Chris Waddle
Ex-Tottenham and England winger on BBC Radio 5 Live

On Wolves defender Conor Coady's debut England performance...

He's done Ok. He's used the ball well, he's talked well and he's organised.

He has looked the part.

From the BBC thread fwiw.

They'll focus on the 'negativity' of 5 at the back rather than what is ahead of it which is where the issue lay.

As someone that doesn't watch the Bundesliga, Sancho does nothing for me in an England shirt

Most seem to be seeing playing Rice and Phillips together was daft. Harsh on Phillips I think - Rice was completely anonymous, but won’t get the negative comments.

Back