• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

UKIP and Similar Watch

Theres more outside the M25 than Northern mill towns....

Your including all people employed in that. That includes all the non productive middle classes. Particularly the one making the rules and enforcing them.

So only a subset of a subset are right and entitled to have an opinion? You'd have got on very well with Lenin.

Theres more outside the M25 than Northern mill towns....

There are thousands of towns, cities and villages outside of the M25 bubble. Some of them are doing okay, some of them less so.

The "recovery" hasn't even got us to where we were in 2009/10 yet.

The economy flatlined for three whole years because the Tories actively stymied growth with their ideology of cutting everything and disenfranchising the poor. That is not "doing a good job".

Surely if they poll more votes than others in the Euro elections they will get more seats and therefore wield more power and influence so their manifesto does matter.

Was Vis talking about their european manifesto or their westminister manifesto? Their european manifesto would be very important, their westminister one not at all, other than the one aim of pushing for a referendum.

Apathy doesn't make you a racist, but playing to an illiterate dumb electorate gets you votes.

Is anyone that doesn't vote the way you do the illiterate dumb electorate?

Surely if they poll more votes than others in the Euro elections they will get more seats and therefore wield more power and influence so their manifesto does matter.

Apathy doesn't make you a racist, but playing to an illiterate dumb electorate gets you votes.

Their manifesto matters simply because you'll get some who will buy into it.

Democracy's a right bastard, isn't it?

Was Vis talking about their european manifesto or their westminister manifesto? Their european manifesto would be very important, their westminister one not at all, other than the one aim of pushing for a referendum.

Is anyone that doesn't vote the way you do the illiterate dumb electorate?

What a truly ridiculous statement. I was referring to the uneducated scum who will jump on UKIP because of their immigration stance.

Democracy's a right bastard, isn't it?

It's the best of a bad bunch.

For a good reason as to why UKIP have gained support, just watch PMQ's. While I know that is unrepresentative of what happens in Parliament, the weekly antics of MP's has turned many people away from the mainstream parties.

my apologies, bad info, Farage didn't come to Greece as i previously suggested, he layed into the greek PM in a speech in Brussells, but that's ok, ha ha I can't see him being invited now.

For a good reason as to why UKIP have gained support, just watch PMQ's. While I know that is unrepresentative of what happens in Parliament, the weekly antics of MP's has turned many people away from the mainstream parties.

Do you really think UKIP would be any different? They are peddling the "we're not LibLabCon" in the same way the Lib Dems did.

As most prominent UKIP are defects from the three main parties I would suggest they're much of a muchness.

Do you really think UKIP would be any different? They are peddling the "we're not LibLabCon" in the same way the Lib Dems did.

As most prominent UKIP are defects from the three main parties I would suggest they're much of a muchness.

I agree with you, but many people see UKIP as something different in politics, and a chance to make a protest vote against the main parties.

You're not the brightest button are you?

personal insults are your best response? Shame.

I agree with you, but many people see UKIP as something different in politics, and a chance to make a protest vote against the main parties.

That will definately be a considerable part of it Frank. However, the EU and immigration are pretty massive issues for a lot of people that a) Labour ignore, b) the Tories pay lip service to and c) the Lib Dems support.

I think to an extent, as well as attracting protest votes, UKIP will also be the only real alternative at this election. And I also think you'll see considerable anti europe votes in other countries also. The makeup of the EU council will be very different after May.

I love to listen to PMQ's. It's a bit of theatre but it's democracy in action.
A citizen of China or North Korea would think it was brilliant.

PMQ's will not give votes to UKIP.

personal insults are your best response? Shame.

That will definately be a considerable part of it Frank. However, the EU and immigration are pretty massive issues for a lot of people that a) Labour ignore, b) the Tories pay lip service to and c) the Lib Dems support.

I think to an extent, as well as attracting protest votes, UKIP will also be the only real alternative at this election. And I also think you'll see considerable anti europe votes in other countries also. The makeup of the EU council will be very different after May.

After this post, you won't get a response. You've clearly had an issue for a while with me, despite the fact I'm an infrequent poster. So rather than be concerned with it, or waste any more time, I'll leave you to your unintelligent posts aimed to merely provoke.

Good day.

They will attract the dumb, uneducated electorate who think that migrants are the reason they are without work as opposed to them being lazy sods.
You may get a few who use them as a protest vote as you say.

I think they will get more votes than some on here think. This country we live in is hardly politically educated compared to others.

@ukipweather

Back