• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

VAR Stay or Go

VAR Stay or Go

• Total voters
Regardless the fact that Kilman goal v West Ham looked good from the naked eye as did Hwang header v Bournemouth. Then the forensics come out.
I absolutely don’t celebrate goals like I use to.

In its current form VAR is dreadful for the game as a spectacle. But a huge part of that is the laws of the game. Offside wasn’t supposed to punish someone whose toe is 1mm in front an opponent. No idea what the solution to that is.

I’d let the onfield refs ref and use video to retroactively punish diving etc. Looking for incidental contact 8 passes before a goal is awful

Pens only for killing a legit goal scoring opportunity. More free kicks inside the area please

It seemed a very good idea when it was introduced with the idea of stopping obvious errors, but it appears to have morphed into find a way to disallow every goal. There are still penalties being given when there is no contact or very little, goals dissallowed because there was a foul that nobody saw several passes ago in the build up. It just sucks all excitement from the game. Also there are goals being allowed to stand despite the defender being fouled because it is not clear and obvious despite anyone looking at the replays can clearly see the offrence.
But as the chances of the vote going to bin are nonexistant will it just cause nore officials to subconciously decide against the Wolves?

They’ve over complicated the whole thing “clear and obvious” is far to vague to be fit for purpose plus it leaves you completely at the mercy of refs discretion.

It’s not going to happen though, to many clubs will worry about the what if scenario and don’t want to fall victim to a howler that VAR would’ve helped them with.

Bin.
Only ever met one ref I liked.
Good servants, bad masters.
The less importance they are given the better.

It always appears to favour the elite so they will certainly vote against.

Absolutely bin.
Sick to the back teeth of it.
So inconsistent and our referees have shown they simply can't handle it.
I get the counter argument but I'd rather we went back to knowing if it is a goal when the ref points at the centre spot.
The World Cup in Russia showed it could be a useful asset but the Premier League is nowhere near that standard.
Personally, I've enjoyed Championship games this season far more.

If you could sack
Pawson
Atwell
Coote
Salisbury
England
Brookes
Harrington
Kavanagh
Madeley
Jones
Hooper

And some of missed out and replace them with component officials then I’d be willing to give it a another try but that’s not happening.
I vote to bin it. As Wolves stated it's ruining the game. But, in the end the technology isn't good enough with the frames per second, the impossibility of aligning the instant of a pass with the position of the finger nail, lies about missing cameras, etc etc. But, the key one is that these named people plus Richard Masters are incompetent, apparently corrupt and bringing the game into disrepute. Some of them simply do not understand the game and it shows, especially Attwell. Clive Thomas of all people was not this embarrassing!!!

I don’t like saying so, but they’ve got to end it haven’t they.

It’s an albatross now. Get rid before the part of the rime where everyone drops dead.

Err, know your history. We did it in England when we took back our honour against Honved at the time of the Magic Hungarians ruling the roost.
How many non-Wolves’ supporters under the age of 40 even know what Honved is?

Back