• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Villa 2-3 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I watched the whole game on Sky last night, and i would imagine that I was more positive because i knew how the result went, but i didn't think it was anywhere near as bad a performance as I read on the match thread.
To be fair a lot of folk on the matchday thread are basically people with an agenda that are waiting with baited breath to show faux outrage at the slightest indiscretion, they'd need a top up for the glass to be half empty

Most of the places I've looked say 179cm, I've tried to find a squad photo of Brentford to no avail.

He does seem bigger but then Les Ferdinand was 'only' 5 11
I imagine they’ve all copied the same innacurate data.

The whole Brentford squad are either all tiny or he’s not 5ft 10…

Attachments

• 4660606D-CD03-49EF-8FEA-80D581588E16.jpeg
    4660606D-CD03-49EF-8FEA-80D581588E16.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 1A50BE2F-877D-4F68-812E-6518F2801514.jpeg
    1A50BE2F-877D-4F68-812E-6518F2801514.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 14
I imagine they’ve all copied the same innacurate data.

The whole Brentford squad are either all tiny or he’s not 5ft 10…
Fair do's, it does look like Brentfords and the PL website are wrong.

In my travels I found some places listing Luke Shaw at 6ft 1!

To be fair a lot of folk on the matchday thread are basically people with an agenda that are waiting with baited breath to show faux outrage at the slightest indiscretion, they'd need a top up for the glass to be half empty
I’ve seen more “agendas” and “waiting with baited breath at the slightest indiscretion” from regular match goers on this board than I have from people who post regularly on the matchday thread (and I can give you plenty of examples aimed at Sa, Adama and others within the last couple of weeks), so not sure what you’re on about here, pal.

I’ve seen more “agendas” and “waiting with baited breath at the slightest indiscretion” from regular match goers on this board than I have from people who post regularly on the matchday thread (and I can give you plenty of examples aimed at Sa, Adama and others within the last couple of weeks), so not sure what you’re on about here, pal.
Interesting regarding Adama, he has been directly involved with 2 goals against Villa (the cross and winning the free kick), but he will still have 0 assists won’t he?

a great example with stats not being the end all be all…

Interesting regarding Adama, he has been directly involved with 2 goals against Villa (the cross and winning the free kick), but he will still have 0 assists won’t he?

a great example with stats not being the end all be all…
He does notch up 2 goal creating actions though.

It's weird though. Adama didn't have a great game IMO but he did produce two or three excellent moments, so guess not to be sniffed at! Hwang had a very poor game, but I felt sorry for both as they got lumped together up front with little plan or support.

It's weird though. Adama didn't have a great game IMO but he did produce two or three excellent moments, so guess not to be sniffed at! Hwang had a very poor game, but I felt sorry for both as they got lumped together up front with little plan or support.
It was the lack of a plan that bothered me. As soon as we went back to a 3 up top we looked miles better as well as having an actual wide man in Adama who added to the attack.

Thoroughly confused as to why we have two defensive wing backs playing all the time. Seems crackers to me.

It was the lack of a plan that bothered me. As soon as we went back to a 3 up top we looked miles better as well as having an actual wide man in Adama who added to the attack.

Thoroughly confused as to why we have two defensive wing backs playing all the time. Seems crackers to me.
For me it’s shit or get off the pot. Three up top proper wing backs thats RAN for me . It will be a beatable line up but it will also be an attacking force particularly at home with a crowd behind
Sa
Kilman Coady Saiss
Semedo Dendoncker Neves RAN
Hwang Raul Traore

the substitutions would be Podence Moutinho and Boly for top middle and bottom. A word on Sa. Great feet for the Ings save . Closed the space, kept big and got down well.

Last edited:

We may as well play a back four if Marcal is going to play in the defensive line I think. Otherwise in the long run we will just continue to find it hard to create in open play.

I could handle Semedo and RAN as our wing back choices. I think for Semedo having an outlet on the opposite side would give him more space to attack. It's easy to defend against at the moment. He's not going to go round the outside and cross form wide areas but he does combine well with team mates and if we get him in the positions I think he'd be fine cutting it back/passing into the penalty area.

Fair do's, it does look like Brentfords and the PL website are wrong.

In my travels I found some places listing Luke Shaw at 6ft 1!

It's not as bad now but Daniel Sturridge was frequently listed as 6ft 2. Even if you search today his profile says 6ft and 188cm. One of the early Fifa's he was massive on!

I spotted this one day when I saw him stood next to Jordan Henderson (6ft)who was noticeably taller than DS, and it's been one of those weird things on my radar since.

Villa fans mentality after defeat to another local club means let’s open the emergency history box and talk about 1982.

See Gabby Agbonlahor's Instagram post yesterday for reference...

Villa fans mentality after defeat to another local club means let’s open the emergency history box and talk about 1982.
I noticed the kid on the Vlog Quirk posted singing about it. In terms of times before birth it's the equivalent of me singing about something pre WW2

Which is even more deeply amusing, because which club made that possible when Villa were nowhere?

Back