• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome Jose Sa

All my posts on Sa have been balanced, but if you are quoting Sellars you have to do so in the whole. Him claiming that Sa is part of his teams scouting in the same way as he did Trincao is comical. Just like Thelwell before him. He has credibility with RAN and the Columbian lad, just like Donck and Cutrone did with Thelwell, but insult our intelligence and the rest of what you say - even if it is correct, falls by the wayside
Are our scouts not allowed to scout Mendes players ever then? And if they sign we haven't watched them at all?

Are our scouts not allowed to scout Mendes players ever then? And if they sign we haven't watched them at all?
I'm sure they do, but lets not pretend this is a result of that, it's insulting

You've certainly raised the patronising stakes since Nuno left mate, I'll give you that.

Tell me again how I should be posting and quoting, just after you've finished telling everyone at Wolves how to do their jobs 🙄
Nope, I've always posted the same way, you just weren't paying attention

Reactions: jlo
I'm sure they do, but lets not pretend this is a result of that, it's insulting
Easy to say that with every Mendes player though isn't it when you haven't got a clue who we look at.

Easy to say that with every Mendes player though isn't it when you haven't got a clue who we look at.
We didn't look at another keeper, in the same way as we didn't look at another manager. You can pretend otherwise if you like, but it is what it is. Time will tell if that proves to be a decent policy.

We didn't look at another keeper, in the same way as we didn't look at another manager. You can pretend otherwise if you like, but it is what it is. Time will tell if that proves to be a decent policy.
How do you know this?

Our transfers are usually pretty secret. We generally have no idea who we looked at.

How do you know this?

Indications this could be true would be - We signed a player that has a minimal profile and that teams weren't exactly clamouring for. We could have signed better keepers domestically, younger keepers with a higher profile and current rating in the game (I get experts aren't always right), or other players his age with more known ability and pedigree. Sa isn't from a farmers league and so has had exposure too so not like we have found a player no one else did in the backwaters. The club are obviously hoping this is our 'Martinez'.

Despite not liking it, I am willing to see what happens. The difference is I am not ready to starting laying into Rui. I have been openly nerdy about Keepers for years on here and anywhere else I post so it's honestly great to see keeper talk if I am honest.

Hard to believe we really looked elsewhere. Easy to believe also taking Sa was a precondition for getting Trincao

Well the times i've seen Sa he's looked a decent goalkeeper, will he be good enough i don't think we actually know and we don't know what Lage will expect of him in terms of playing from the back. What we do know is that despite him being a big name Rui was poor last season, he still came up with big saves but he was without doubt in the bottom 3 keepers in the league performances wise and i know the stats back that up but you didn't need to look at them. When we signed him he quite often made saves you wouldn't expect him to and made few errors which made up for his poor distribution and reluctance to come for crosses. When he then started to not make as many of those saves and to make more errors, his improvement in distributing the ball didn't make up for it.

The Portugal argument becomes null and void when Santos is their manager, as mentioned earlier he still plays Danilo and big Will and got his full backs to tuck inside against a team playing wing backs at the Euros. I'm not trusting his judgement.

Despite all of that the biggest factor really is if Lage wants his keeper to be aggressive and pro active off his line etc then we've made the right decision no matter what in terms of letting Rui go as he was never going to be able to do that and we've got a good fee for him. Is Sa the right replacement is definitely a question worth asking but one we don't know until we see him play in a Wolves shirt.

Last edited:
I say good luck to Sa. However a clearly better option was out there in Dragowski. If Rui wanted a last season in Rome that’s where we should have been going. Hopefully Sa does well but this one does make me raise my eyebrows a bit.

Say we keep every single penny from Ruis sale, who are we buying?

A lot of people on here falling out of love with Fosun and the way we do business. Those people didn’t seem too bothered a couple of years ago when we were operating in the exact same way with regards to Mendes. We were warned by a few fans of teams on the Mendes carousel of what to expect and all the people moaning now I seem to remember brushing it off then. Some very short memories I guess.

Oh I agree. It’s part of the carousel. Trincao has been the summer upside. I’m sure there will be other ups and downs.

Back