• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome new members

Hi all

Travelling from Edinburgh for my first home game this weekend. Looking for some advice on which pubs are best before/after the game. Wasnt sure where best to ask so seeing as this is my first ever post I thought here would be good :)
The Combermere in Chapel Ash is a great pub pre and post match. Lovely cobs and there is a tree in the toilets as a bonus!

Hi all! New member here, but old Danish Wolves fan. It all began in the late 50'ies when I was a lad and Wolves ruled the footballing world. Not much of a poster myself, but I often enjoy reading posts on this forum and E&S (this is a PLUS article... :rolleyes: )

Welcome waggy, if you post as well as he played you'll be perfect on here.

If you post like how he played, you'll fit in in the politics threads...

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, Waggy was an intriguing player. And what a team we had around 70-71! In those years Danish television started transmissions of English football, and since they for some reason were limited to transmit from The Midlands, I quite often enjoyed watching Wolves. The very first match was Wolves-Sunderland, and there was a failure on the line somewhere - black screen. Luckily, it was restored, and immediately after, Curran scored to make it one-nil. I still have a picture in my mind of Curran celebrating, showing his missing front tooth - if you can show something which is missing...?

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, Waggy was an intriguing player. And what a team we had around 70-71! In those years Danish television started transmissions of English football, and since they for some reason were limited to transmit from The Midlands, I quite often enjoyed watching Wolves. The very first match was Wolves-Sunderland, and there was a failure on the line somewhere - black screen. Luckily, it was restored, and immediately after, Curran scored to make it one-nil. I still have a picture in my mind of Curran celebrating, showing his missing front tooth - if you can show something which is missing...?
I reckon you can Waggy. For example, I'm fully expecting Arteta to show all his humility and likability again on Saturday evening.

Welcome Waggy.... looking forward to seeing some crosses from you...

Back