• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome new members

We've noticed quite a few new members have signed up just lately, so we thought we'd give you the chance to say hello in here.

How long have you supported Wolves?
Favourite past/current players?
What do you make of the manager debacle we've all 'enjoyed' over the past week?

By all means have a look in the other sub forums too - from other sport, to the general waffle and unfunny jokes in general chatter.

Joined up a couple of days ago and old enough to know better! Taken by my dad to see Wolves in 1959 (that's NOT a typo!) when I was 8. Been hooked ever since. First favourite was Jimmy Murray. Remember getting my mom to sew a 9 on the back of my Wolves shirt (short sleeves, v-neck).
Saw 1974 League Cup final when Wolves beat Man City 2-1 at Wembley. I was standing behind the goal where John Richards tapped in the winner. Happy days!
I'm lost for words about the current situation but I'll still support them when we're in the Conference.

Joined up a couple of days ago and old enough to know better! Taken by my dad to see Wolves in 1959 (that's NOT a typo!) when I was 8. Been hooked ever since. First favourite was Jimmy Murray. Remember getting my mom to sew a 9 on the back of my Wolves shirt (short sleeves, v-neck).
Saw 1974 League Cup final when Wolves beat Man City 2-1 at Wembley. I was standing behind the goal where John Richards tapped in the winner. Happy days!
I'm lost for words about the current situation but I'll still support them when we're in the Conference.

Welcome Murraymint - you & I are clearly of the same (but good) vintage as that was roughly went I first went at a similar age.

Maybe there needs to be an 'old farts section' on the Forum for us with Frank as President (no offence meant Frank :piano:)

Maybe there needs to be an 'old farts section' on the Forum for us with Frank as President (no offence meant Frank :piano:)

What an absolutely crap idea!
Fucking hell! No one would ever be interested in such folly!
Why on earth do you think that idea would fly??

(Tsch!!)

Don't even go there Mr Parkin. The forum nearly exploded the last time this was trialed.

Those were the days, the Barmaids Arms etc.

Don't even go there Mr Parkin. The forum nearly exploded the last time this was trialed.

Those were the days, the Barmaids Arms etc.

Obviously I have touched a raw nerve there! Do I detect a touch of nostalgia for that idea :icon_evil:

Yes Sniffer!
Half the shit that Pav and I were exchanging behind the scenes was hilarious, only some of it came out on here!

It would have been a great idea, but yes, it really did wind some people up, and then....

Well, you know what happened....
God, it made us laugh!

The way it failed rather than it succeeding is one of the reasons that this is such a great forum.

I've just joined this forum so I'll introduce myself.

I'm rather old and seem to recall the earliest Wolves games I saw were away at Huddersfield, when Waggy took a murderous right hook and also saw Wolves against at home where the immortal Joe Wilson hit the bar with a back pass.

I haven't set foot in the Molineux since before the days of Emlyn Hughes and Andy Gray, but did manage to see the first leg of the UEFA cup final against Spurs back in the day.

I live in Swansea and post lots of stuff on my blog, not all of which is about the Wolves.

Erm, that's about it.

Last edited:
Hi - Just joined the forums due to my exasperation at the state of things with WW at the moment - this is truly a great site and a credit to you all!

How long have you supported Wolves? Since 1969, apparently my Dad took me to a few matches in the 69/70 (I was aged just 4) season either on his shoulders or sat on a crush barrier, even the milk crate my Dad brought for me to stand on didn't make me tall enough to see at that time! My first 'real' memory was versus Hearts in the Texaco cup 70/71, what totally amazed me was the colours of proper 'Old Gold' against the lush green pitch had me hooked! As I recall Hearts played in Maroon, but the rosette purchased for me as a souvenir looked more purple if you ask me. Those were the days when you could carry a crate into the match to stand on and if you were lucky (or my Dad) you even got lifted over the turnstile to avoid paying!

Favourite past/current players? In the 70's I preferred Kenny Hibbitt to John Richards, but I loved the 'Doug' too, although he retired not long after I started going more regularly. I recall Munro as an 'assured' player and over the years I have appreciated the presence of a 'marshall' of the back four - I have to say though I used to enjoy Curle playing and also the late Dean Richards and more lately Alex Rae - what we wouldn't give for a fit young one of them now eh?

What do you make of the manager debacle we've all 'enjoyed' over the past week? Professionally you should always back the current Manager, it's the people who appointed him that need to take the flack on this. He (DS) isn't or may never be a 2nd flight manager - he did well at Doncaster, but left the job unfinished and without cutting his teeth - we are paying for that now. We're also paying for having no ex-footballer on the board.

Nuff said - thanks for allowing me to vent my spleen - marching on together

Welcome aboard Neb. It's been great, hasn't it?!

I seem to recall a Darlo name regularly contributing to a certain Mr.Ross's ALOB - is that you per chance?

Back