• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Jed!

Big test will be whether or not he can find the same time and space at a higher level, Jacobs looked like he had the freedom of the park most of last season but can't even get into the side at a higher level.

Was thinking the same watching that video. Central midfield is a tough old position in the Championship.

Looks a very composed finisher, much stronger than most of those we saw on League One much less League Two. Think he may need a while to bed in but looks very promising.

Was thinking the same watching that video. Central midfield is a tough old position in the Championship.

I think it's difficult to take too much from the Youtube video really, the clips are pretty limited showing very little of the build up for majority of the goals, all you can really take with any confidence is that he seems to get himself into the box pretty regularly and can generally finish when gets there, though there are still a few questionable bits of a goalkeeping thrown in for good measure. It'd be nice to see some more extended clips of some of those goals to see how involved he was in creating the opportunity and how hard he's had to work to lose his marker and find that sort of space in the areas he has.

yes it's a "you Tube" video, but aren't they all. His placement of the ball when scoring is nothing short of clinical.

It's a bit pragmatic to strip it down to just a "good bit of business" but that's exactly what this was. A young player on the up with a cheap clause to activate is taken by the club very quickly before bigger suitors drive up the wages we'd have to pay him.

Good all around and another midfielder is just what we needed. A good start to the off-season for Wolves.

I think it's difficult to take too much from the Youtube video really, the clips are pretty limited showing very little of the build up for majority of the goals, all you can really take with any confidence is that he seems to get himself into the box pretty regularly and can generally finish when gets there, though there are still a few questionable bits of a goalkeeping thrown in for good measure. It'd be nice to see some more extended clips of some of those goals to see how involved he was in creating the opportunity and how hard he's had to work to lose his marker and find that sort of space in the areas he has.

Yeah, I still wonder how the hell that last goal went in!

From what I've been reading from Portsmouth fans (and I saw a 'scout report' article on him on Facebook), it seems that many people thought he was on a different wavelength from his team mates and that he'll benefit from having better players alongside him who are able to read him better. Combining with clever footballers such as Afobe and Dicko will hopefully bring out the best of him.

Looks a very good signing and has some great reviews.

Hope we persist with him if it doesn't go well immediately, I don't want to see him end up like Jacobs

He does look like a similar player to Jacobs just without the physique and willpower of a 10 year old girl.

Seems like a good exciting, low-risk signing. Seems very comfortable with both feet there as well. A goal scoring centre mid is a key part of what we need.

Love this quote from Friends of Fulham.

We're surely in a stronger position than Wolves to beat whatever they offered in every department.

Love this quote from Friends of Fulham.

They aren't too far away from returning to their true national position in English football. You would never get a Wolves fan saying such a thing!

There's a few on there with delusions of grandeur but on the whole they seem to recognise we're a much more attractive proposition than most clubs at this level.

Back