• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Matheus Cunha

Yeah I definitely called this one wrong. Thought he was all carries and no end product, definitely likened his penalty box play to Andy Keogh, and thought we'd overpaid by about £20m

Yeah I definitely called this one wrong. Thought he was all carries and no end product, definitely likened his penalty box play to Andy Keogh, and thought we'd overpaid by about £20m
I too thought we'd overpaid, but he was still pretty good. Just never the number nine we craved and needed (need).

If you are judging the value of the player at the point we signed him then we did overpay. His career to date didn't justify that fee and as Mendes was involved you can guarantee a decent chunk of it went in his direction. He's worth more than it now though.

I felt we needed to upgrade him heading into this season! not saying it's as good, but the start of his goal at the weekend reminded me of George Weah, and his goal of the season in Series A, where he carried it from just outside his own area.

The strike is incredible and all I could think was I couldn't believe a Wolves player had just done that.

Edit - that's it and it was in his area, not out of it.

I felt we needed to upgrade him heading into this season! not saying it's as good, but the start of his goal at the weekend reminded me of George Weah, and his goal of the season in Series A, where he carried it from just outside his own area.

The strike is incredible and all I could think was I couldn't believe a Wolves player had just done that.

Edit - that's it and it was in his area, not out of it.

(ignore the Preston keeper getting closer to the corner flag before the shot is hit though)

Reminded me a bit of a Dalian Atkinson although not quite in the same league.

Who was it on the West Ham match thread/verdict that said he's not had many good games?

Back