• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Which Wolves Player has the Highest Ceiling?

Which player has the highest ceiling?

• Total voters

Norman Deeley

Dean Saunders's Press Officer
Reaction score
Fascinating discussion on the verdict thread about which Wolves player has the highest ceiling. Quite amazing when you think of it that if you jumped forward to the Euros 2024 and you were told that Neto/Neves/Adama/Diogo or possibly even Ruben Vinagre was POTT you wouldn’t be surprised. So my first ever poll: which Wolves player has the highest ceiling and why?

Adama Traore. He has the potential to be one of the best footballers in the world if he keeps improving.

His pace and power is something no other player anywhere has - if next year he keeps developing and doubles his goals and assists from this season, all the major clubs in the world will want him

Neves.

Would already walk into a number of serious top end European starting XIs.

I think Neves. much as i love Adama i am not sure he will improve to the point you think he will. last two or three games despite his shoulder he seems to have become human again, bless his little (huuuuge) cotton socks

Neves for me, he has kicked on another level this season (from an already high bar) and still so young.
Jota a good each way bet.
This is not a criticism but think Traore is already near his peak, just don't think his footballng nous will get much better and unfortunately his physical prowess will lessen over time especially as he gets no protection from officials

I suspect I could give three different answers on three different days. It’s easy to see Jota going as far in the game as say, Griezmann. He is just so bloody determined. Ruben Neves would play for most of Europe’s top teams. But if Adama continues to improve and develop more and more of an end product then he could be a world star. That clip of the second goal on Sunday and the whack he takes from the Spurs player is quite astonishing. Then again, what about Pedro Neto? The lad is 20 FFS

Neves. Could run any midfield in the world and if I was Pep I'd be making him my number 1 target so he could play with Rodri and De Bruyne.

I would say Adama has the highest ceiling, not because he is our best player but because he is so unique. He would make an impact in any team in the world. I think he will leave at the end of the season.

Neves will be the one playing at the highest level regularly for the longest period, probably somewhere like Real Madrid

Adama, for me, has the greatest potential. (Not sure whether he'll ever achieve it, of course, but that wasn't the question.)

Neves. Already an incredible player, still more to come.

Such a difficult question.
Too many players who have a fantastic future in the game.

Jota, Neves, Traore, and Neto.
I went for Eves, however it would not surprise me if all of them hit top, top heights.
Mathison, and Kilman also have great futures in the game

Such a difficult question.
Too many players who have a fantastic future in the game.

Jota, Neves, Traore, and Neto.
I went for Eves, however it would not surprise me if all of them hit top, top heights.
Mathison, and Kilman also have great futures in the game

Mel Eves will be happy.

Neves has such great quality and works so hard it is most likely to be him. But Neto is so good for 19, possibly the most skilful of the lot. Honestly, all on that list could be great for a long time, we're blessed to have them to watch every week right now.

Impossible to call for me, we have so much talent it's unreal. If I really had to pick one it would be Neves because he's already a world class midfielder and he won't reach his prime for another five years or so. It's scary how good he could become.

Good Poll!

Its such a difficult call as it depends where they end up! A wrong move could scupper the potential as could staying here to long.

I am going for Jota after much thought. Ronaldo is 34-35 and cannot go on forever and though not his natural successor he has so much natural talent and ability and an eye for goal he really could be something extremely special in the next few years. Neto and Neves are both incredibly good shouts.

Jota for me to Cyber. he's so bloody tough to move off the ball, glides past players, scoreds and creates goals. His positional play is fantastic in and out of possession too.

Totally understand people saying Neves though.

Adama, simply because he is the most physically gifted player in the world. Anything else can be taught.