• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wigan 0 - 1 Wolves: The "We Won... Kinda" Verdict Thread.

Alan

…unlucky Del - No chance 😉
Reaction score
Season over? Good win?

Better 3 points than not, no matter the situation, I say.

It's 3 points and a clean sheet away from home. Would normally be ecstatic, but events elsewhere have rather dampened my elation.

Something to play for on the last day of the season - we will need to go out with goals in mind to try and close the gap to Brentford and hope Derby don't get lucky again. I'd rather be kicking off against Millwall with some hope than no hope.

Seemed like an OK performance, Wigan were at us for much of the game but it didn't sound like we were in much danger.

Roll on next season...whichever division that might be..

MOTM the half time mop.

It's been a cracking season, I remember Wolves fans, even on this forum, predicting we were in free fall and would probably end up in League 2 when we were relegated from the Championship.
Now just two season's later and having enjoyed some cracking days at Molineux we find ourselves just missing out of the play offs.
Happy days!

We just needed to win this, no matter how we performed in all honesty, just to stay in with a chance. And we did that. Wigan were always going to come at us in what was a big game for them, and it seemed like we didn't let the opposition have many chances.

Not sure why Edwards was in the team on the right, makes little sense to me. Interested to know how EEL did, quite often it sounded like him and Stearman were making important challenges/blocks/headers

Agreed, Youngie, didn't sound like we missed Batth at all.

Great day out. Half time was proper mental.

At least we've taken it to the final day although you'd say our chances are very remote, Derby won't lose at home to Reading.
I'm pretty sure Millwall will come to us relegated and very down beat.

75 points is a very very good return and we're unfortunate to be outside that top 6. But I'm proud of them nonetheless - even though it's going to take a dramatic set of results for us to get into the play offs, they deserve to be cheered on by a large, vociferous and proud crowd next weekend. Gutted I won't be there - it's been a good season and more often than not, we'd have had more than enough to be in the play offs.

I'm pretty sure if we rack up this points total next season we'll make the top 6.

All we can do now is win our last game. If that isn't enough to sneak into the lottery then so be it. A potential 78 point season has been a very good return. A little frustrating as we have binned a few silly points that may well end up costing us, but overall I am very proud of the team and management this season.

we couldnt play our normal game on that crap pitch we kept a clean sheet and won so we did our bit and we take it to the last game of the season which is fantastic, it was a good day apart from the pricks behind me booing stearman all match and shouting abuse at tommy k and stearman in the first half and also the pricks that were singing in the min silence.

Roll on next week :)

MOTM for me was either Iorfa or Stearman.

Up the Wolves

Been out all afternoon. Happy to come back to 3 points & even if others didn't do us any favours at least continues a faint possibility into the last game.

Doesn't sound like the greatest game from us, but as said its the goals & points that count.

Not sure whether I want Rotherham to kill off the chance of an escape with their game in hand. On one hand they give Wigan hope who will be fired up against Brentford - on the other they give Milwall hope who will be fired up against us.

Probably wont matter as can see Derby getting the point they need to make it academic.

Whatever happens next weekend (& am coming up for this) then am proud of what the team have achieved. We can all look at individual games & say 'what if' but it has been a valiant attempt. If we can keep the core of this team together (particularly the key players of McDonald, Afobe, Dicko, Iorfa, Golbourne - not included Sako as whilst we will offer him a deal suspect he wont be here) then with the right additions we are in good shape for next season.

we couldnt play our normal game on that crap pitch we kept a clean sheet and won so we did our bit and we take it to the last game of the season which is fantastic, it was a good day apart from the pricks behind me booing stearman all match and shouting abuse at tommy k and stearman in the first half and also the pricks that were singing in the min silence.

Roll on next week :)

MOTM for me was either Iorfa or Stearman.

Up the Wolves

Singing in the minutes silence came from folk still in the concourse who didnt know what was going on pitchside.

thats fair enough i suppose, still the pricks behind me p'ed me off why come if you just want to shout abuse to ur own team ?????

I have heard that excuse soooooo many times. The minutes silence has been well advertised.

thats fair enough i suppose, still the pricks behind me p'ed me off why come if you just want to shout abuse to ur own team ?????

Yeah there was a guy next to me who hated McDonald for some reason and a guy behind who kept shouting 'STAND HIM UP' when latics had the ball.

Yeah there was a guy next to me who hated McDonald for some reason and a guy behind who kept shouting 'STAND HIM UP' when latics had the ball.

Back