• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-0 Brighton: Verdict Thread

Kiss goodbye to 7th place, lads.

Our inability to find a way to beat sides that just come and park the bus has cost us dearly. Go away, dust ourselves down, sign some more players - and learn a different way of playing against this type of side. Then go again next season.

Far too predictable today. Slow, too many sideways and safe passes. We’ve done the same all season bar one or two games (against sides outside of the top 6).

Very disappointing result and I’m still scratching my head how Vinagre doesn’t get a start today.

Incredibly frustrating afternoon. Two points dropped down the toilet.

In hindsight Jonny and MGW shouldn't have started, but we should be able to create more chance against these sorts of teams. If we'd missed a hatful then you could forgive it, but we didn't test Ryan nearly enough.

Didn't our Portuguese friends say that Nuno struggled to score goals in Portugal? Ended up being too many draws?

Either way, it was obvious beforehand that Vinagre should have started.

Kiss goodbye to 7th place, lads.

Our inability to find a way to beat sides that just come and park the bus has cost us dearly. Go away, dust ourselves down, sign some more players - and learn a different way of playing against this type of side. Then go again next season.

Far too predictable today. Slow, too many sideways and safe passes. We’ve done the same all season bar one or two games (against sides outside of the top 6).

Very disappointing result and I’m still scratching my head how Vinagre doesn’t get a start today.
I'm sorry but this is absolute shite.

We played well today and were so unlucky not to win.

Men against some very, very spawny boys.

Brighton came for a point set up for a point got a point as we played how we play but right into their hands. If you cant say anything good , say nothing so night all.

As above. Its a concern if its doesn't get addressed next year. This season has been fantastic but these games have been an annoying blot on it. I think it's the hangover of still not trusting Wolves fully but I worry about second season syndrome.

They did mention today though that Watford hadn't won away at a side in the relegation spaces for 3 seasons prior to today though.

The best manager we've ever had but why cant he see the problem against poorer teams ? Subs made far too late and bad original team selection. C'mon Nuno it aint rocket science

I'm sorry. These are the games Neves is supposed to grab hold of and unlock with his range of passing. He needs to do it again. He hasn't done for too long.

We had three shots on target against one of the most negative PL sides I’ve ever seen. Simply put, we’ve not done enough in these kinds of games all season.

I'm sorry. These are the games Neves is supposed to grab hold of and unlock with his range of passing. He needs to do it again. He hasn't done for too long.

Struggles to do it from CB with 11 men in front of him

68% possession

Only 5 of 22 shots on target, which isn't a good enough ratio against these negative teams.

Agree, but part of the issue is he plays so deep. If we aren’t going for the most attacking side we can play, e.g. 5-2-3 with doc/vinagre as wing backs or 5-3-2 with Traore and vinagre as wing backs) then Nuno needs to get him up the pitch. Either let him play higher or drop him for someone who can (albeit whether we have such a player is another matter given MGW’s inconsistency

Neves played well today. There was nothing wrong with his passing at all.

Agree. Maybe not played “well” but we were ok and had Donck taken his chance we wouldn’t be upset at all.

“Cost us dearly” like it’s an absolute disaster is hilarious though

rui- not much to do, didnt think he made a save all game
doherty- played well, several attacks but nothing came of it
johnny- really poor game, clumsy in possession several times, poor crossing, zero offensive threat.
boly/coady/bennet- all played well, not that much to do. bennett was def pulled down in the box by murray, fucking penalty
moutinho/neves- mou did really well looked dangerous at times, made a few good tackles... never didnt do much, reasonable effort
gibbs white- played well at the start, really cooled off and looked poor second half, lacked confidence and creativity
jota- played really well, not much help and was very unlucky with his header hitting the post.
raul- really poor, didnt do much, had a few really poor shots

subs-
vinagre- absolutely electric, really changed things around, should have been on at the start
the donk- missed our two best chances, both a meter out with only the keeper in front of him, shot and headed right at the fucking keeper. really poor.
traore- only on for ten mins, had a few good runs, one really great out in the box only to hoof it to fucking boly way outside the box. why why why why

another game where we dominated and only got a point. should have started super offensively from the start and kept them on their feet, every time we attacked they defended with 9-10 players. random crosses in the box arent gonna work with duffy and dunk in there

Also - Jota hit the post 3 times didn’t he? Very unlucky

Shit result against a shit team. Again. Its a problem. If you can't see it now, you never will.

Back