• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Villa: Verdict Thread

Of course he is when compared to other forwards, he’s as mobile as a brick.

He’s shite.
He is a goalscorer, which is what we need..do you think Silva is better right now?

he almost scored in the CL against Liverpool after coming on and showed me he still got it in him

He is a goalscorer, which is what we need..do you think Silva is better right now?
No I don't. That's the problem with paying 35 m for potential. The big six may be able to do that but we clearly cannot. We have the paradox of a manager who wants a small squad yet we do not have back up for our three most important players i.e. Rui Coady and Raul and it's bitten us in the arse.

Sooner have Cutrone than Huntelaar .Crazy season. We are losing to teams we beat well last year and have beaten teams who beat us!

No I don't. That's the problem with paying 35 m for potential. The big six may be able to do that but we clearly cannot. We have the paradox of a manager who wants a small squad yet we do not have back up for our three most important players i.e. Rui Coady and Raul and it's bitten us in the arse.

Sooner have Cutrone than Huntelaar .
Dont forget Jonny

i think the verdict on Silva here is a bit harsh, I thought he had a decent game but had little support. He was unlucky with the shot that came off the post and got into other promising positions. Our problem is collective rather than individual...our strengths since Nuno came have been partnerships all over the pitch. Players knowing what other players are going to do because it has been drilled into them but that is missing at the moment...too much reliance on individual performances. We need three players right through the spine of the team...centre back, midfield and forward. It will cost a fair bit though.

i think the verdict on Silva here is a bit harsh, I thought he had a decent game but had little support. He was unlucky with the shot that came off the post and got into other promising positions. Our problem is collective rather than individual...our strengths since Nuno came have been partnerships all over the pitch. Players knowing what other players are going to do because it has been drilled into them but that is missing at the moment...too much reliance on individual performances. We need three players right through the spine of the team...centre back, midfield and forward. It will cost a fair bit though.
we have coady and boly, enough at CB..I think Pod could play as a 10, we REALLY just need a forward that can score goals for me and a faster passing game

We seem to have lost our identity so far this season. We're neither compact or expansive, we neither dictate play or play an aggressive counter.

Onto today, Semedo is not the upgrade we desired and isn't very good BUT he was OK today (aside from the pen where he gets nutmegged by McGinn). Dendoncker needs to really work on his shooting, difficult chance for him today but by my count he's now missed 6 decent chances to score, and given how few we are slotting home we can't afford for that to continue.

Individually the front 4 were all OK, but there is a distinct lack of cohesion and that means we are starting to rely on players to win the game with something special, which isn't happening.

Shout out to Mike Dean for ruining the game as well. Appalling refereeing.

With Semedo the penalty might be getting him some extra stick but it's nothing over the top or undeserved. I don't agree that he dealt with Grealish well, he stopped him a couple of times but other times he was woefully out of position and he has a horrible habbit of getting caught under the ball. You can probably count the crosses he has stopped on one hand since we signed him. It's not good enough not for the price. Some will stick up for him and I get it when the club sign a player at that kind of price we all want and need it to work out but so far he's been ok on his good days and downright awful on his bad ones.

Shout out to Mike Dean for ruining the game as well. Appalling refereeing..

He does it every fucking game against us. Self important Wanker puffs himself up on the ruination of others.

I can't imagine how age is relevant when discussing huntelaar v ibrahimovic, lol.

I can't imagine how age is relevant when discussing huntelaar v ibrahimovic, lol.
Just want us to get a striker that score goals in, even just on a loan deal..if that offends people, fine..

In most cases managers live and die by their signings. For two years Nuno looked like he had it nailed but this summer's signings don't look too clever but they were clearly signed with a view to 2022 not December 2020. I've seen enough of Silva to think he could be a very good player in two years time but I guess the January transfer window will show whether we could afford £35.9m on potential when we were just one injury away from far more immediate needs. It will be a very long second half of the season if as suspected Raul misses most of it and we don't sign another forward who is oven-ready now.

I think we need to play 3 out of 4 of the front players who played today. With all four on the pitch we look very disjointed and lack any dynamic option off the bench. Bring in Vitinha and try and keep the ball a bit more and hopefully we'll create the kind of chances where the opposition keeper can't do anything about them. Our momentum is very much downwards at the moment and bearing in mind the opposition coming I'd go back to 3 at the back and wingbacks, if we don't I suspect our goal difference will take a bit more of a battering.

It was striking on comms when they were talking about Villa having consistency in their team selections this season...used to be virtually the first thing everyone spoke about, we never changed the team (unless we had to for injury etc obviously). The chopping and changing can't be helping.

Back