• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Burnley: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Big win. Off you go.

Last edited:
Bag of dreet, but a win is a win. Can't say we necessarily deserved it but Burnley other than the double save from Bentley offered zip, especially in the second half.

An ok performance in a poor quality game against a team who never threatened, Bentley's smart double save aside.

First time in a while I wasn't too concerned about having a fragile lead for so long, they really weren't creating anything.

Better in the 2nd half after a very flat 1st but we deserved the win.

Dawson MOTM.

First 30 minutes and a bit during the final 10 were grim but thought we were the better team apart from that. Good goal and a clean sheet.

Rise and grind, bitches!

I know people will be miffed that we were "dragged down to Burnley's level" or similar, but I think it's worth calling out that that is the aim of many teams who feel they are overmatched. And I think it's fair to say that Burnley are quite aware by now where they stand in this league.

Repeat from the other matchday thread, but there are always going to be sloppy matches like that during the course of the season, and I think 6 weeks ago we probably aren't keeping the clean sheet. Silver linings are there to be found!

Feels like we won every single defensive header in that game. Loved the work rate from the midfield and strikers too. Burnley were really poor, though, and we will be punished against better sides for not coming anywhere near close to scoring a second. Our final third play and corners were wank.

I thought we deserved the win. Had the better of the game other than the first twenty minutes (another slow start).
After the goal we looked the better team.
Despite their win on Saturday, Burnley looked as though they lacked confidence once they went behind.
Obviously 1 - 0 is never enough, but we looked reasonably comfortable throughout the second half.

3 points & a solid performance in goal. Roll on saturday

Also, as much as I love Hwang, he can't carry the same attacking burden as Pedro.

We need him (Neto) back, quick-like.

First half I thought we were really poor tbh, didn't create anything, pressing wasn't there, and Burnley looked more likely to score. Gifted a goal, though it was taken very well, and then we were on top without ever looking particularly good.

Kilman and Lemina were absolutely brilliant, Dawson, Bentley and Semedo very good. Rest a bit meh, Joao worst of the bunch for me, despite some good defensive work after his brain fart.

I think we could've afforded to play a bit more tbh, and given the nature of the winner I'm not quite sure the ends justify the means either, as you can't rely on shit like that. But obviously a welcome three points, and we continue the journey

For those that don't know, Amazon have a new innovation above the scores that let's you know how many subs a team has remaining.

Kilman played really well tonight. Sarabia played pretty well too.

Thought we were a bit slow and pomderous for most of the game, seemed to take an extra touch all the time and slow the ball down too much.

Seeing a bit of criticism for Gomes, didn't think he was that bad apart from that attempted back heel under pressure on his own goal line.
Got through a mountain of defensive work and pinched the ball a few times.

Seeing a bit of criticism for Gomes, didn't think he was that bad apart from that attempted back heel under pressure on his own goal line.
Got through a mountain of defensive work and pinched the ball a few times.
Part and parcel of playing with just the 2 CMs, innit. If one is slightly off pace, it'll stick out badly.

I don't get it Del!
I get it and as soon as I can highlight it, copy it and post it, That's what I'm doing.
I'm not kidding, If I get the feed several seconds after you do, it's probably be cause I'm over here in Ireland, it's honestly not because I'm having a fucking cup of tea., Then the Forum site tells me I can't post something for 23 seconds....
Honestly guys, if it's pissing people off that much, just stick a poll up and I'll willingly stop. Not a bother.
But I just get the sense that people aren't getting details, so I'm giving them.
Sorry (sort of) that its pissing people off on a matchday thread.
Whatever you think. Do you want me top stop..... or not?
Once and for all.

Back