• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - Nottingham Forest 0 - another step in the path to redemptio verdict thread

I think Forest will be fine, on another day they score those two we cleared off the line and win the game. If they can get the ball into their midfield often enough with Vaughan and Osborn they will carve out opportunities, I think they will be decent next season but they caught us in a rich vein of form and a team with as potent a front 4 as I've seen in this division.
I hope they stay up, up the road from me and always a good day out, I also think they will their CG form is pretty good. When I looked at their team sheet last night I thought they had a strong looking midfield and forward line and weak defence. I'm surprised at this stage of the season he's asking Matt Mills to try and play football rather than compromising for the rest of the season and bringing defenders who are comfortable on the ball in during the Summer.

I hope they stay up, up the road from me and always a good day out, I also think they will their CG form is pretty good. When I looked at their team sheet last night I thought they had a strong looking midfield and forward line and weak defence. I'm surprised at this stage of the season he's asking Matt Mills to try and play football rather than compromising for the rest of the season and bringing defenders who are comfortable on the ball in during the Summer.

As we both know though managers are mentalists when they have their concepts they want to stick to. Solbakken clearly failed whereas Stam has obviously succeeded and Forest to me looked like Stam's Reading side earlier in the season when Stam was asking Ali Al-Habsi and Paul McShane to do the same thing. Nuts.

A bit late but my thoughts on last night are that overall we deserved to win. Forest got 2 fantastic chances but we should have been out of sight by then. There is still improvement to be made but in the grand scheme of things in this division we aren't far away.

Lonergan - Exactly what everyone knows he is, awful at kicking and commanding his area but when it's comes to making saves he's actually pretty good. Saved us right at the end with a great save.

Coady - He is improving and looks quite comfortable but he's still not quite good enough imo to be first choice right back. He may continue to improve and step up into that but i would like us to sign at least 1 full back. Top class clearance off the line to save us at 0-0.

Batth - Much improved of late and i don't think anyone can deny that. He's still not great when left 1 on 1 as shown when Assombalonga did get him in that position and went round him with ease but solid enough apart from that.

Hause - The lad is a class act. I've said it from the first game he played that he will be class and i stick by that as he's got every quality you want in a centre half. He's quick, strong, agile, good in the air, with options can pick a pass etc. Steps out from the back to intercept and looks like he;s trying to add striding forward with the ball

Doherty - He was pretty bad first half but improved in the second and played a massive part in the goal with a wonderful weighted pass.

Evans - From what i've seen i think a few have been harsh on him. His forward passing wasn't as good as it usually is but his defensive work was excellent, he won tackles, headers, intercepted and was calm with the ball at the end rather than just aimlessly hoofing it.

Edwards - He's probably had better games in may peoples eyes but i think this was one of the best this season because not only did he have the pressing and the work rate but he didn't hide and wanted the ball. He influenced his fair share of attacks with good sharp passing. Shame we haven;t seen more of this Edwards.

Marshall - He looks a quality footballer but his delivery was not on it. He went close with one free kick and linked well again but could probably do with a rest now as he seemed leggy.

Cav - First half he was the bright spark who looked like creating something with several shots and crosses into the box. Not so good second half apart from his fantastic tackle which saved a certain goal and allowed Coady to get back. Missed Costa and an on form Marshall to link with.

Weimann - His work rate is up there with any player i've seen and he added some quality on the ball to it. Great cross for the goal to pick out Dicko and nearly scored with his left footed curler. £1.5 million for him is a no brainer right now.

Dicko - Just an average performance but was in the right place at the right time and it meant a lot to him. Should have scored in the first half too but hit the side netting.

SUBS

MGW - He looks a player, very slight but not afraid to put himself about and put one great cross in. I'd like to see more of him now we are safe to give him that experience.

Bod - Take away the fact that he was very selfish once and should have passed, he was much better than Dicko. He caused all sorts of problems but he's desperate for a goal, i can't blame him for that but we need him to make better decisions for the team.

Saiss - Class act. Great touch, calm on the ball and picked out a few wonderful passes. Great option to come on and pretty much kill a game bit we need to get him not the side somehow.

On the red card, i'm not sure he knew that he had already booked Fox and that's why he didn't stop play. Also on the rule i think it should be play on and then the ref sends him off when the goal is scored or when the opposition touch the ball next i.e keeper saves the shot. If Bod makes the right decision we were 2-0 up and we would have rather had that than the red card.

Back